Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm lookin at an ad right now for a 1989 Yamaha FZR600. It has a brand new pearl paint job, R1 body kit, jetted, new tires, needs a new petcock and battery. Supposedly it's low miles and he has it going for 2500 obo. It seemes like its in decent condition in the picture. THe thing is, i dont know the first damn thing about bikes. I can do cars and trucks, but bikes ive never touched. I'm askin if someone who knows a little something about bikes who is local to me, maybe if you could come along and ride the bike for me and see if it's in decent condition. I dont even have my permit yet. I know a 600 isnt the best bike to start off with for a beginner, but i know if i get the ninja 250, its gonna get REAL old REAL quick, and i dont have the time, money, or luxury to be trading in bikes after 6 months.

Can anybody help me out, the area code for the number is 650, and i live in danville, near walnut creek and pleasanton.

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey East Bay

Sup Pat

I live in the next town (San Ramon). If you are still looking for a bike, let me know. I have helped several friends get bikes. I now have 24,000 miles on my 98 CBR.

As far as your first bike, a 600 isn't a bad choice. You just don't use all of the throttle! They are light, nimble, and stable. You are right, don't go with a ninja 250. You will outgrow it soon (not knocking the bike).

You can email me if you have any questions or wanna go bike searching!

[email protected] those are zero's after connolly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts