Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a '03 CBR F4i that i've been riding for around 7 or 8 months now. This is my first bike, and my baby. The bikes never been "crashed" before...but it has fallen down atleast 3 or 4 times from the previous owner; a girl who couldn't reach the ground very well until she had it lowered. :rolleyes:

So here's the thing, i absolutely love my bike...i just spent sometime last night looking for new goodies and ended up spending almost $500 on a new windscreen, turn signals, mirrors, tire hugger, and an undertail haha. BUT the paint is pretty scuffed up on both sides from the drop. Also the left side of the tail has a scuff mark on there too. Since none these marks mine, i hate having them be so visible!

My question is what are my options for a new paint job? It seems like everyone just goes with a single color, but i'm not a big fan of that. Is there any alternative that i'm still gonna be happy with and how much? Maybe factory painted fairings? Thanks for any help you can give me....i'm be sure to post pictures when i get the new stuff on! -John

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Talk to your local auto paint shops and see what they would be willing to do. I was quoted $300 for a solid color if I did the prep. Without prep its like $700. Multicolor will cost more, but just look and ask around. I wouldn't paint it yourself unless you only want a solid color since it would be your first shot with an HVPL gun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another thing to consider would be new decals.

My bike also had a few scratches on it from the previous owner. I just bought a new decal for that side and it looks good as new.

That was an easy one though because the scratches were only on the existing decal. Your scratches sound like they are in the paint itself.

If you don't want to spend a ton of dough on new paint though, another idea would be to go into your dealer, ask to see all of their decals, and play around with them on your bike on the areas where you have scuffs to see what looks good.

Just an alternative. :D

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
New plastics come prepainted, and are guaranteed to look good as new.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the new decals idea because that would cover up some of the damage. It's really not THAT bad...i just to hate to see my baby scuffed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts