Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the wedding details have been taken care of, but there is one that I still have to do. I need to figure out what to get all groomsmen for gifts. I would like to get them something they will actually use. I know they have plenty of monogrammed beer mugs and flasks, so those are out of the question.

I know there are couple of other members of this forum who (have been sentenced;)) are engaged, so help us out.

Good suggestions will be greatly appreciated and smart ass suggestions will be tolerated. ;):D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Well Don, the most useful gift I have gotten was a nice Cross pen with my name on it. As a matter of fact, when I got married, thats what I gave and I still see my friends using them. I have gotten the flask and mug also, they're great for the reception, but thats the last time I used them. ~So my vote is for a nice Cross pen. Depending on how much you want to spend you can get fancier

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Depending on your relationship with your groomsmen, (how close of friends you are):Gift certificates to somewhere..(personal gift certificates)....Like you know what they like and where the gift certificate would be most appreciated. I know it seems kinda impersonal, but you're right about the flasks and stuff....just useless junk....

S

·
0 Posts
How about a bonking sheep ? It's kinda like a pinata, but should be incorporated into the bachelor party. :D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
This is weird KJ. Monogrammed Cross pens is exactly what we gave. :)

It depends on the guys though. I know of one wedding in Arkansas where they gave the groomsmen a fifth of Jack Danies each. :D I'm not joking either.

P

·
0 Posts
I say get 'em each one of those animated singing fish mounts. RCJohn will agree with me on that one.

Seriously, the pen idea sounds good, as do the gift certificates.

Don, shameless plug: check out Ashford.com for the pens, and maybe some other ideas.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is kind of funny, but I've been leaning towards pens. I was thinking about giving them monogrammed space pens. Seinfeld fans will know what I'm talking about. :D

Great suggestions so far. Keep them coming.

*Note to self*--lose Squids invitation to bachelor party. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don,

I'd go with the money clip, I have one that has a small knife in it. Very useful. I've carried it for years.

·
Registered
189 Posts
What's wrong with a flask

Since I was the first one of all my buddies to get married, noone had gotten a flask yet... of course they were monogrammed;) ! ! ! They tell me it was a cool gift, but if you got the quid go for the pen, much classier.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Robert said:
I'll be watching this thread too as I still have no idea what to get my groomsmen. In fact, Will (RedNinja) is one of my groomsmen, so I'm trying to be as cheap as possible. ;)
How about some monogramed squirt guns :D . So what's the dael with monogramed pens and money clips etc.?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I know that this may sound odd, but at my cousin's wedding, we got swiss army knives...I STILL use mine!!
.........................Jimmy G...................................................

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just thought I'd give an update on my decision.

I got all of the guys in the wedding coolers. I'm going to put a few of their favorite drinks in each one, so even if they don't like the cooler, they will like the contents. :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah, but did you monogram the coolers? Put a little Heinie in mine :D . I still don't get the whole monogram thing. I don't need my initials on stuff to know it belongs to me. Anyone care to explain?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts