Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I do!!! So Keep posting! :D

I am a 33 yr. old Married husband with a beautiful wife and 2 great kids(1 and 3 yrs. of age.) I have run the gambit of motorcycles. First bike was a Ninja 250R(back in 1988), then to a CBR600F2, then a CBR600F3, then an 86 GSXR750 (My personal Favorite), then a 93 YZF750SP, and finally a Harley Sporster 1200 Custom. I have been awaiting my purchase of a 2006 GSXR1000, but we tried camping with a pop up. So, now, I will be taking the money from my Gixxer account and using it to purchase a 26 foot Travel Trailer, yup, a camper. Hey, The kids LOVED IT!!! How in the heck am I going to put the family on the back of the gixxer and call it a "Family Weekend?" LOLOL!!! So, for me to get back to my Sport Riding roots, it'll be a few more years of saving. But, the smiles on my Children's faces every time we go to Santa's Village or any other Camping spot is worth it. So, Keep posting about your rides and bikes, and I'll keep living Vicariously...:twofinger

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Keep on plugging along for a minor set back like a pop up trailer & the fun with the family will mean a lot to all & when it comes to the GSXR-1000 it will be even more updated.

So far you are on a winning line so keep it going.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I somewhat know what you are going through, however, I do have a sportbike. But I finally am close to having enough money for my dream bike but I need to spend the $$ on an engagement ring for my girlfriend cause its either one or the other. So heres to saving for that dream bike...again! :(

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
My very first thought was this was nearly the most blasphemous thread I've ever read: camper over bike? :eek:

But kids will only be kids for so long. Smitty's proof the riding can last long into retirement, so you should be proud of yourself for prioritizing wisely (IMHO). :thumb:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I made a lot of those kinds of decisions, too.:)

.... so we ALL got dirt bikes.:D

Kids come first. My three are pretty well grown now and my daughter has been riding street with me for the last four years or so. They're a blast.:thumb:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
kanwisch said:
My very first thought was this was nearly the most blasphemous thread I've ever read: camper over bike? :eek:
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

kanwisch said:
But kids will only be kids for so long. Smitty's proof the riding can last long into retirement, so you should be proud of yourself for prioritizing wisely (IMHO). :thumb:

I totally agree on this one, Kan! You turn your back on a baby for a minute, turn back around and they're going away to college!

Or in my case this morning, fishing in the toilet. :crying:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey...as long as you're living vicariously, you want to hear about this hot blonde 19 y.o. girl I brought home the other night??

Kidding...but really...get the kids dirtbikes to go with the camper!!

Dirtbiking is one of the best father/son activities you can share...thank god I didn't grow up playing travel soccer or something equally gay.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Forget the GSXR for now and picking up an older bike. Should be able to secure something nice for around 2-3k that would satisfy your desire to ride as well as perhaps allow the camper.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Thats one of the best thread I've read...

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had made the decision to purchase my bike despite the fact that I have 4 kids, with the youngest at the time 1yr old. That was my first bike, though, and my logic was that while one can ride a bike into older years, learning to ride would be easier while I'm younger. Perhaps I was justifying my impatience, but I had to give up martial arts due to the family time/$$ requirements, but I still wanted set an example to my kids that there are ways to follow your dreams and fulfill family commitments at the same time. In fact, they are already pestering me for a dirtbike, which I will gladly oblige, as soon as I can get MamaBear's buy-in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts