Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here goes, Im getting into sportbikes and i have a question about A first bike. Im around 5'10'' and 170lbs so i was looking into a Kawisaki Ninja 250. I want a small bike so i can learn to ride safe and right before i get into the bigger bikes :cool: I guess my question is, Would that be a good bike? I know its a really popular beginners bike but does anyone have any better ideas? Im not brand specific ie: Honda/Suzuki/Kawisaki i dont care as long as it looks okay and will do what i need it to :thumbs2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I started on a 650r and it was a great starter bike. That or the 250 isn't really a sport bike per se ;)

I don't know how you ride, but a 250 may get a little boring a little faster than a 650. I don't regret starting out with a 650 but I'm in the market for a bigger 4cyl a year later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dude deff get a NOTHING SMALLER than a 600. I started on a fz6. its a not quite a sports bike but it has the power behind it. trust me and i think most will agree, youll outgrow a 250 in days to weeks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the same bike and I'm the same body size. I would say to get a 250R. It's a great bike to learn with. My buddies take theirs to the track even. It's definitely a lot easier to get familiar with and ride than a 600. The 500 cc Honda line up is where I would also look into now!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Dude deff get a NOTHING SMALLER than a 600. I started on a fz6. its a not quite a sports bike but it has the power behind it. trust me and i think most will agree, youll outgrow a 250 in days to weeks.
I disagree. The others post more typically accepted perspectives. WannaRace, you fail to differentiate the inlines and V's and thus, I think, fail to provide enough detail to argue much further.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah i started on a 600 myself and was very comfortable. 250's are for the very inexperienced rider imo. Any background with quads/dirtbikes and a 600 would suit you well and not be outgrown as quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts