Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
its a dead givaway when they don't even know what the bike is... an '03 CBR 900???

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was just thinking..... possibility that its someone who just doesnt know what they have? Times like these I wish I was already a lawyer, id buy it right up.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
ummm...o.k. can you fill me in on what i'm missing here? if its not a CBR900RR like they claim then what is it?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
well monkey for one thing, Honda stopped making 900rr's a few years ago. So there's no way it can be a 2003.

·
Registered
293 Posts
But don't Canadiens still call the CBR's 900's? I know they call the 929 a 900, would they do the same with a 954? Cause even the spec sheet listed gives it's displacement as 954. Meaning it might be from canada

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Tippmann said:
well monkey for one thing, Honda stopped making 900rr's a few years ago. So there's no way it can be a 2003.
considering i'm a Honda fan, i guess i probably should have known that.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well looks like he figured out his mistake and ended the bidding... I'm pretty sure its a 954RR European Model because they didn't offer the RR in Blue and Black in the US, but they did overseas.... (im a big fan of the color scheme).

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Kyle said:
Was just thinking..... possibility that its someone who just doesnt know what they have? Times like these I wish I was already a lawyer, id buy it right up.

The bike is parked in a showroom...no chance that they don't know what they have.

There are sooo many scams on eBay. It's sad how people steal the pictures and description from an auction and list an identical auction for a much cheaper price. It's sad 'cause the true owner of the bike loses bids and the person who's stupid enough to buy the bike from the scammer loses their money. Nobody wins except the scammer. :mad:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have little E-bay experience, only bought one thing. But it seems weird that the seller has a 100% satisfactory rating, on 150 items sold, yet you cannot see 1 single item sold in his history. His location is in FAST, USA? The seller isn't even a registered user? WTF does that mean? 0 bids means everyone thought it was a scam, so why disagree? :2cents:

EDIT: If you look at the sellers feedback ratings, it looks all good. I'm confused, there's no way this bike is being sold for so little... maybe because it's almost Winter.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Elvis said:
I have little E-bay experience, only bought one thing. But it seems weird that the seller has a 100% satisfactory rating, on 150 items sold, yet you cannot see 1 single item sold in his history. His location is in FAST, USA? The seller isn't even a registered user? WTF does that mean? 0 bids means everyone thought it was a scam, so why disagree? :2cents:

EDIT: If you look at the sellers feedback ratings, it looks all good. I'm confused, there's no way this bike is being sold for so little... maybe because it's almost Winter.
those aren't his feedbacks.....identity theft
Not sure, but can you even have something for sale (esp with that many feedbacks) without being a registered user?

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can steal feedback? What is the world coming to? Actually, where are we at? Democratic politics and ebay scams are scary.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Elvis said:
You can steal feedback? What is the world coming to? Actually, where are we at? Democratic politics and ebay scams are scary.
all the more reason to vote "republican":thumbs2:

·
Registered
377 Posts
The seller has a huge positive feedback but its mainly from selling $2-3 items. You can get a 150 positive rating by transacting a few hundred bucks.

When ebaying I like to see a vendors history in the stuff I am actually looking to buy. Hence if I am buying cycling parts I want to see a history in cycling parts. I only get curious/suspicious when they deal outside their normal business activities.

Oh and according to ebay " not a registered user " means " if they ask to cancel their membership or if they're suspended from trading on eBay."

:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
slaintedan said:
Um, thanks...I think. :dunno: :topic:
I posted, with the assesment, that most people have the foresight to read the entire thread. Evidently you have not, I was offering information on none U.S. Honda bikes, as to respond to the previous posters, trying to figure out what kind of bike was pictured in the ebay auction. So , no, it is not off topic.:finger:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts