Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just realized today when I got home from riding. I have been talking to myself this whole time I have been riding. At times when I am going to go into a turn or pass cars and shifting I am talking myself through it. Does anyone else do this or am I a Schizo ? Geko

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
no, its not normal.

when you start argueing with yourself, thats when you know you've hit the "insanity" level then and only then will you officially be considered "normal".

i only do what the voices in my head tell me to.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Definately something the matter with you & unless yor get things straightened out you will end up in the loony house.

I have this all beat for I do not verbally talk to myself, but talk goes on inside of my head. Took me a while to get the hang of this, but back in the late 40s & early 50s we did not have crash helmets for street riding ---- so there you were blabbering to yourself & when the mouth is open IN comes a ruddy bee or something else. So you can see you must change from outright babbling to brain-yattering. LOL

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't just talk to myself.

I sing. :twofinger

On some long road trips (like from indiana to AL, or to deals gap and back from AL) I get really bored, and instead of letting myself get bored with the road and start looking around more than I should, I either talk to myself, or bust out in a nice song - however this can go bad for you sometimes cause if you do it in the city, you end up stopping at a redlight, and you're just getting down with your bad self, and a car pulls up next to you, and you're singing and having a good time, and you look over and realize the insanely hot chick in the excursion is looking at you like you're an id.. nevermind.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I sing constantly and it's usually the last song I heard before I left the house. Some times it's a really bad song or commercial and I can't get it out of my head!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I talk to myself , sometimes yell at myself and others and when i get bored like on the way home from work i sing mostly old songs . but anyways I thing its prity normal to talk to your self when you are riding . when I would race motocross I would sing it would keep me in a rithem . but that's just my :2cents:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Amongst town/city roads, as I am heading for a hwy, there I am talking in my pea size brain saying something like "Okay this cage that swung from fast to slow lane, with no signals, & going so darn slow does not seem to have a driver in it, but probably little old gal stairing through the steering wheel SO be aware of this cage" or "Holy crap what is the frigging rush of this cage almost taking away my front end ----- oh okay some teen-aged kids in a friggin' rush to nowwhere-----so it must be around noon time SO be prepared as the kid is going to do something stupid again or pile into someone ahead". My sort of yatter which tells you I am not singing or talking about I should be preparing for supper, BUT the immediate traffic.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I sing constantly, and loud. From the time I put my helmet on till I get where I'm going. Usually I stay on the same 1 or 2 songs until i get off the bike. I rarely talk to myeslf. You're probably crazy dude.

I used to be schizo, but we're ok now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How long have you been riding? IMO its not such a bad thing to talk yourself through stuff especially if you're a newbie. as you get better that stuff you've gotta talk yourself through becomes more 'natural' and you don't have to think it out in specific steps. I usually think things through in my head. Usually it's when something goes wrong that I let a couple swears fly off the tongue...
but hey, whatever works to relax you when riding...:D if talking to yourself helps you learn your sh*t better, then do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts