Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now 56 and sold my Kawaski zx9r to my son who dumpded it in front of me at 65 mph and no serious injury, the bike was totaled. I have a 2002 Kawaski ZX12R with a Heli bars, Corbun seat, power commander 3, theft alarm and a full Titiaum exhaust from the motor to the tip and high output headlights. I just took the bike out a week ago and love it. I bought the bike two years ago from a man in his fifties who kept it in top shape for $6,600. He would not let me ride the bike until he was holding all the money which I don,t blame him I guess. I always sell my bikes on consignment through a dealer which cost 10% however it is worth it. I plan on getting a 2008 Harley Road King Police Special this November, however the Zx12R is staying as they are two different types of machines and I will never not have a sport bike. I am getting the Harley for $15,000 and it will have less then 2000 miles on it. It is for hauling the wife around as I removed the rear pegs on the 12R as it is really not meant for two riders.

Ron

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Welcome Back! :cheers:

Glad to see that you are still holding on to the 12R, despite adding the Harley. Sounds like a really nice bike. I also could never possibly imagine myself riding anything other than something that was performance oriented, regardless of age. (think Smitty)

I never understood why so many riders think it necessary to "retire" to a Harley after years and years of sportbiking. At the very least, get something like a high-powered standard bike- B-King, FZ-1, Z-1000, something more comfortable but with the heart of a sportbike for an engine.

Of course if you can afford both, that's an even better solution! :)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
for some reason the ladies prefer the comfy couch Harley seat to the perilous perch sportbike seat...I dont get it :D

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome back! I can foresee the day when my lower back will no longer allow riding a sportbike and suspect I'll be picking up a sport tourer at that point. I dread that day :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome back from a non-posting long time lurker. I'm in a similar situation re: the Harley. Wifey loves riding on the H-D but I want a sportbike too. Anyway... I'm keeping the Dyna and shopping for a sport twin like a SV or Monster or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts