Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this discussion with my friends before, but I feel like I am the only one who doesn't like drinking. Not that I have anything morally or ethically against it, it just makes me feel like crap. I don't get a buzz or any good feelings from drinking or being drunk... though I'll do it to keep friends company or to just socialize.

But yea, drinking doesn't make me feel good at all and usually results in a pounding headache and queasiness after I've drank a lil too much (>2 drinks). Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You may want to examine what it is you're drinking.
Old granddad whiskey, for example, will give you a headache and make you wish you were dead.
Always make sure you're consuming premium liqours / beer.
You'll get what you pay for.

IMHO, spending $32 on a fifth of excellent tequila beats hell out of spending $17 for a fifth of tequila that treats your body like sulfuric acid treats steel.

Then again, hangovers are largely hereditary / genetic. I could drink a gallon of unrefined paint thinner, and feel fine the next day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree that you have to drink atleast midgrade stuff. However I have never gotten a hangover, but I have :barf2: (from poor beer).
So maybe it is just you.:dunno:

:cheers:,
Seth

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
AlwaysNewbie said:
I've had this discussion with my friends before, but I feel like I am the only one who doesn't like drinking. Not that I have anything morally or ethically against it, it just makes me feel like crap. I don't get a buzz or any good feelings from drinking or being drunk... though I'll do it to keep friends company or to just socialize.

But yea, drinking doesn't make me feel good at all and usually results in a pounding headache and queasiness after I've drank a lil too much (>2 drinks). Anyone else have this problem?
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT WITH ALCOHOL

1. Never drink on a completely empty stomach. This will ruin a night out in a hurry.

2. If you are mentally tired, physically drained or not in a good mood......drinking usually worsens what I call "The Snow Ball Effect" which means your fucked unless you go to sleep cause staying awake probably isnt a good idea.

3. Drinking at a SNAILS pace usually makes me feel like shit within an hour or two.....if you are going to drink, by all means DRINK.....dont be a sipper.

4. If hangovers are a problem might I recommend a drink called "Last Call", it is designed to be drank right before you go to sleep after a night at the bar. It replenishes your body of vitamins and nutrients, pissing all of them out over a night of partying is where the pounding headache comes from.

5. Always invest in the better alcohol, believe it or not, that makes a hell of a difference how youre night will turn out. Crown Royal and Grey Goose Vodka are my recommendations.

6. Last but not least, find someone to drive you home after you are finished degrading yourself at the local bar/club. I've had a DWI and believe me......you dont want one.

Maybe some of these other lazy no posting rejects can add to my little list:D .

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yeah I have one. Never try to reason with someone when they are drunk. I've learned this one the hard way many times.:2cents:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Newbie,

I have pretty much the same problem. I don't enjoy it, and after about 2 drinks, I feel like crap. I never sleep well after drinking, and am always miserable the next day. Just like you, I end up doing it anyway, but always wish I hadn't. 4 drinks has me completely out of comission.

Late highschool/early college years, I could drink like a fish. It took me a case of beer just to get the night started. I just can't do it anymore.

I am getting married in June. My fiance's family can't have a meal without at least one drink. I have never seem them without alcohol. Generally, they are very responsible with it, and don't let it affect them, but they get stupidly drunk every now and then. We've decided to have a dry wedding. I can't wait to watch them squirm!!!:D :D :twofinger

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I would probably have to get drunk just to follow through with getting married:D .

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
This thread makes me feel like i have a problem:(

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Tippmann said:
This thread makes me feel like i have a problem:(
I feel like I may have a problem for not knowing whether or not you are joking.........:confused: .

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
sisqo said:
I feel like I may have a problem for not knowing whether or not you are joking.........:confused: .
Dude, it's THE Tippman...that should answer your question. :D

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Slip-On said:
Dude, it's THE Tippman...that should answer your question. :D
I am assuming that happened before my time here......someone care to explain??:confused:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I love drankin!!
Never heard of this drink called "Last Call", but I might have to try it out. I have heard of the Ibuprofen thing before you go to sleep, and the Gatorade and/or water before you go to bed. Ehhh, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Me and the Captain are best friends. I love to 'set sail' with him.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
sidewaysducati said:
I prefer to go Wild Turkey hunting with Austin Nichols.:cheers:
The "kickin' chicken"!!! :thumb: :2cents: :cool:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It doesn't matter what kind of alcohol I drink, good or bad stuff, empty or full stomach. Alcohol just doesn't agree with me unfortunately, and I've been drinking for 3 or 4 years now, never changes.

Oh well, I'm off to go drinking again tonight... haha

·
Registered
845 Posts
AlwaysNewbie said:
It doesn't matter what kind of alcohol I drink, good or bad stuff, empty or full stomach. Alcohol just doesn't agree with me unfortunately, and I've been drinking for 3 or 4 years now, never changes.

Oh well, I'm off to go drinking again tonight... haha
Have you considered that you could be allergic to alcohol? My dad drake all his life and finally at 50 somthin he discovered that his system had minor allergies to alcohol.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
GixxerChris said:
Have you considered that you could be allergic to alcohol? My dad drake all his life and finally at 50 somthin he discovered that his system had minor allergies to alcohol.
This was my line of thinking when I read the thread yesterday. I have a few Asian friends who are allergic to alcohol; its common among that population. Typically it manifests itself by the individual getting itchy under the skin, really red, and/or feeling very warm after only a few sips of a drink.

One friend overcomes this by drinking a relatively large amount in a short period of time, but the others simply abstain. They're a fun bunch regardless, so maybe you should just consider going the au natural route.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Maybe you should find other means of entertainment. It amazes me how far alcohol is imbedded (sp?) into our society.

And wedding should be at least mostly dry. Do you really want to see all your inlaws drunk? Including that one strange uncle that spends more time behind bars than he does on the outside?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts