Sportbike World banner

I got the Honda back...

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  mmmbarley 
#1 ·
Well I got the Honda back. My brother in law got deployed for three years and can't take the bike with him. It may be for sale.

Now I have to decide if it will be two, three or four cylinders for the day.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
cherrybombking said:
looks like a super chicken to me.. freaking GREAT bike. can i borrow it?

Superchicken it is, and I'm kinda borrowing it myself. Hahahahahaha.

I had it for one summer already. Great bike. I almost bought one instead of the Triumph. It handles great and the ergonomics are more relaxed. The only thing it lacks is balls. I haven't ridden it since he took the factory pipes off it and he said it gained alot. So I'm anxiously waiting for its arrival this Thursday.

#5 ·
Tea Bagger said:
I haven't ridden it since he took the factory pipes off it and he said it gained alot.
what kind of pipes did he put on it? friend of mine has one with i think dual hindles on it. the sound is inf--kingsane, like the loudest thunder you can imagine on wheels. it seemed to have great power, just delivered alot smoother than an inline 4. not nearly as spuratic..

#6 ·
cherrybombking said:
what kind of pipes did he put on it? friend of mine has one with i think dual hindles on it. the sound is inf--kingsane, like the loudest thunder you can imagine on wheels. it seemed to have great power, just delivered alot smoother than an inline 4. not nearly as spuratic..

I think he put Micron high mounts with jetting kit and a K&N. I really was alot faster in the corners with the superchicken, just exiting and getting back on it is where the Daytona had more punch. I was buying a Superhawk til the guy sold it out from under me and then I found the deal on the Daytona. I may still end up with one if it is cheap enough. My brother in laws bike is damn near cherry and more $$$ then I can swing right now. I'll get some fresh pics this weekend.

#8 ·
what is he asking for the chicken, just out of curiosity.

ever ridden a TL1000s? i personally havent, but its a favorite of mine as far as looks. AND its a 1000 cc twin! what could be better? ive heard they are really heavy though. anything known as the "widow maker" must either be stupid powerful or have some sort of major glitch..

#9 ·
cherrybombking said:
what is he asking for the chicken, just out of curiosity.

ever ridden a TL1000s? i personally havent, but its a favorite of mine as far as looks. AND its a 1000 cc twin! what could be better? ive heard they are really heavy though. anything known as the "widow maker" must either be stupid powerful or have some sort of major glitch..
He is unsure what he wants to do right now.

I have never ridden a TL. I heard it outruns the chicken but the chicken will out handle it. I'll post up what he wants for it if he sales it.

#13 ·
Hahahahaha, that bike is older then you. It was the top dog (sportbike) for Yamaha in 1982. That fooker was like 5 grand when new. James bond rode one in never say never. I'll bring it out to bike nite again and you can check it out.

At the factory muesem in Japan, they have one exactly like mine on a shelf with the story behind it.

Oh, it is a 1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo. Made only for two years. Shaft driven 650 cc turbo-charged relic. Hahahahaha, It was in damn near muesem condition til it fell over in a parking lot while on it's center stand.

Now it is starting to show it's age with little stuff going bad. The fuse box all but crumbled from I assume 22 years of acid fumes. The seat vinyl is starting to pull apart where it was glued, fork seals are hosed and since it has air suspension, they leak out the first time I hit the brakes. The rear air shocks are weakened to. Turbo, engine and tranny still work great! It may not be putting out the 96 hp. factory claim anymore, I dunno. It is fun to ride to ride, very relaxed with lots of fairing protection. The brakes suck by modern standards but I want to leave it bone stock.

Hey Duess, it even has a digital dash! I can't believe you never saw it.

#14 ·
Oh yeah, the V max is in the garage in that pic. Next to the Venture Royale you can see the ass end of. No the Venture is my father in laws and I never ride it. It scares me. hahahahahaha, the Vmax will see extensive ride time this year to Shannondoah Nat. Park, D.C. for Rolling Thunder and I'm hoping Sturgis.
So I guess I can add V4 to cyclinder choices for my riding pleasure. Hahahahahaha:twofinger

#19 ·
AudioSolstice said:
i know when i took my drivers ed class the car you used to get the wheel time was one of the instructors old school like 89 cadillac sedan...with the v-8 that hoe had a digital speedometer and everything else you could think of on the dash was digital....that car had some power... :D
my grandfather actually had one of those caddy's
the temp gauge, fuel gauge, volt gauge, and everything else was digital, i thought it was the coolest thing i ever saw :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.