Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this book and received it a few weeks ago. It is called Motorcycling Across Michigan, A Guide by William Murphy. I was lead on to this book by this article http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55082.

This book details Michigan's finest roads for beauty and history. It details the routes with mile markers detailing each city. Before each map he has a little narrative about the run, and, he details what he likes about it. Where to stay, eat, and local flare. This will definitely be instrumental in planning our rides for next year.

A good segue...next year's riding season will be much more, um, active. Chuck and I have a plan how to handle rides, dates, and destinations. The most important thing is to have the calendar set with meeting dates and ride dates/destinations BEFORE the riding season. This is all trial and error. We are in our third year and we know what works and clearly what doesn't.

I'm excited about it, as I have what I feel is a solid plan. More to follow in the next meeting. Speaking of which....?:twofinger AHEM:twofinger

This book is excellent!! I cannot wait to plan rides around William Murphy's experiences. This is what motorcycling is all about!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the link to the book via Amazon.com. But if anyone would like to borrow mine, feel free. I plan on adding this to the Redline Library.

Link

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Excellent Doc. Next meeting? This month. October turned into a bad month for a meeting. I want to have an officers meeting before the regular meeting. Look for that email this week. We can have a meeting, perhaps November 13th. Maybe we can do a Dave and Busters the night before as a group thing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts