Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been without my bike for a week and a half now and I cant stand it, its so sad... I wish it would get outta the shop soon.:crying: I dont know how you all can go months without rolling on that throttle. But the only good news is that with good luck it will come back with a stage 3 jet kit:D But it doesn't make up for the fact that this is perfect riding weather and I cant ride! Its been mid 50's to mid 60's the past few days...

Sepias

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm waiting for my mechanic to get to work on mine. When I dropped it off he had 4 other bikes there that were totaled from bike week so I'm not expecting it for a bit longer. Hope yours gets out soon for your sake.

Sepias

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
akcbr said:
try living in alaska for god's sake, lol.
:laughing: I was going to post how sad it is up here, but ran across yours and have a new appreciation.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
You can joke about those in States close to Cdn, or Provinces in Cdn, but always remember you have riders up in ALASKA & believe me their season is not long or balmy all the time. Beautiful terrain I have to admit & they could be making good money up there as well.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, Im hoping to move to alaska once I finish college:D Ive spent quite a while up there and just loved it, but riding would be... interesting.

Sepias

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
lateott_156 said:
What's with this stage stuff? I heard that it was all just marketing mumbo-jumbo.
It is not. It affects the flow of fuel to the cylinders and is necessary to keep up with some changes in the air flow to the cylinders. More flow of air (by mass) into the cylinders, the greater the need for fuel. Air flow changes are made by things like more open intakes or more open exhaust systems (like full race systems).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts