Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL HERES THE STORY--
I have been playing around alot lately with going along at fairly low speed and locking my back wheel up and spinning my a** end around and then applying a little front brake and gassing it and then spinning around the rest of the way. Well today I got a little to comfortable with it and started to speed it up a little at a time:D . Then it happened, I was going maybye 20 mph and locked her up, but I didnt lay it down enough on the inside and didn't gas it soon enough and my back wheel caught traction and the bitch highsided me:finger: . I rolled a few times and then went back to pick up my baby. Of course I had all my gear on so I came out scratch free. My bike got a couple more small battle scars but nothing major. Don,t worry I have a paved drivway thats about 50 yards long that I do this on, not on any public streets!!!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
maine can get pretty boring, eh?:twofinger

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
All during the years of competition in Observed Trials comp., I warmed up the bike & got myself in the mood with some exercising tricks/stunts on my driveway THEN off to the hills, gullies, rocks, creeks, fallen trees & a ball of fun.

In the last 11 yrs it was at my present dwelling & I did not feel to good about the above as my driveway faces up the T of one street while I live on another so home owners could see me. Still that bit of stunt/exercise pretty well told me how I was going to ride that day like co-ordination, balance & timing was right on or not up to snuff.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right Smitty, I knew right when I woke up later than usual this morning that I wasnt feeling right on. Not sure why but just one of those gut feelings, so I decided to just go play in the driveway a bit. This only confirmed my initial feeling. I just put my bike away and went to work after this incident. But tomorrow is another day and I am going to get up early and get in a good ride.:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts