Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to my local dealer (Town & Country Motorsports) today to check on some prices for a slip on exhaust for my bike just to see how much more they were versus the web prices so i asked for prices for a M4 exhaust.. and the 2 service guys didnt even know what M4 was they asked me are you sure its M4?? and after going into the back room for about 5-10 mins he finally came back and called them. I'm not saying that everyone should know every manufacture (sp) or anything but still if you are involed in the bike business you would at least keep up with better companies in my opinion well i think i have vented enough for now

------------------
'99 gsxr 750 with some nice scratches on the left side oops lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
It depends on who you talk to at your dealership. Also how big/small/specialized they are. I am lucky engough to have a few parts guys who know a lot about everything and their main interests are the same as mine.

Try finding another parts guy who is more knowledgeable.

------------------

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are one of the bigger ones around town they have a bit of everthing from boats to sportbikes but the sales staff seem to know more than the parts people do but oh well ill just search online for the best deal i guess still not sure what type i want though which makes it harder

------------------

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mongrel.. would you have any suggestions on the type of slip on would be good.. i want something fairly loud but not like bustin the ear drums and also a little hp gain but i cant get the pcII right now since my car decided to take a dump on me thanks.. i will stop by the Taylor place the on tuesday i am pretty sure i know where it is

------------------

·
Registered
186 Posts
Internet is always the way to go. I've told my dealer before that I can either buy from this place for X amount of money or from him for X amount. They'll like, "We can only get it for X+$150". You're a dealer...deal with me. I know you get it for X minus $200 and make a killing. That's why I carry my tires into the place to have them put on.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
one other thing with dealer's a lot of the parts guys are moto-x racers and don't give a half a damn about sportbikes.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I have introduced a couple of places around here(East TN) to M4. M4 exhausts are fairly new so not alot of places know about them yet. Usually if they're not into roadracing, they will not have heard about them. :)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most of the dealers around here have such a big problem hiring experienced staff that they end up hiring rookies off the street. For example, the dealer where I bought my bike has three guys in the SERVICE dept. that don't even know how to RIDE a motorcycle. At least the manager is a pretty good wrench. Also, about 80% of their sales staff are brand new to motorcycles and couldn't tell you the difference between an R1 and a Ducati. I'm assuming it's bad everywhere. The only way to get something done is to order your parts online and buy a service manual and do it yourself.

------------------
"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

·
Registered
425 Posts
Internet VS dealer.I picked up a BMC air filter for $114CAN through NWcycle on the internet(the final transaction was done by phone).Up here they retail for $180CAN,my dealer said he could not touch the price I got it for.Go figure.....

------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts