Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was riding to work with slick roads from the early rain this morning with the same traffic. I had just turned onto Union Lake from Richardson across from McDonald's and some jerkoff flew around me and pounded his brakes. My safest option was to take the fall, unfortunately, the bike was laying on top of me. Luckily, I build up enough adrenaline watching people drive on the shoulder to get around me so they weren't late for work to push the bike off me and finish the last 3/4 mile to work.

My ego was hurt more than the bike. :(

-=bmacd=-

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
sorry to hear this bill.. you were doing well too... but consider this it wasn't your fault so your good streak is still unbroken ;)

cagers have no sympathy or should I say consideration for motocyclists :rolleyes:

E.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
glad to hear youre okay and the bike is okay too, i wasnt nearly as lucky...feel bad for ya man atleast it really wasnt your fault and you did the right thing...

if i woulda saw ya i woulda considered stopping, as long as i wasnt more than 5 minutes late to work because of it!!!:twofinger

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aus said:
OMG!

Bill, that sucks! Damn inconsiderate cagers. :mad:

You say that you are ok.....that's the best part about it...what about your bike though?
Bikes can be fixed...bones cannot! I just spent my last $$$ getting this new bodywork for the bike. It's all cosmetic damage...all in the upper and lower fairings, and the oil/stator cover. My pants were shredded and turned into shorts. I'm full of scabs and rash from the knees down. My JR Corona textile jacket, purchased from Neller, held up great. I had a minor surface scab just above my elbow. I'll be all healed up in a few days. I just wish I didn't have my Army weekend coming in the next few days...

-=bmacd=-

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about the incident, but at least it was indeed your ego and not anythign else. Amen to healing bodies and egos, boo to cagers taking out bikes.

At elast you have an offseason to fix thigns up even better than before! I better not see anythign thats not carbon fiber :twofinger

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
bmacd said:
Bikes can be fixed...bones cannot! I just spent my last $$$ getting this new bodywork for the bike. It's all cosmetic damage...all in the upper and lower fairings, and the oil/stator cover. My pants were shredded and turned into shorts. I'm full of scabs and rash from the knees down. My JR Corona textile jacket, purchased from Neller, held up great. I had a minor surface scab just above my elbow. I'll be all healed up in a few days. I just wish I didn't have my Army weekend coming in the next few days...

-=bmacd=-
glad to hear the jacket did its job, i unfortunately didnt find out when i crashed because i wasnt wearing it. i assume you werent wearing the pants i sold you though....tsk tsk

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Sorry to hear about the slip bro. Glad you are ok.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Glad your ok bmac. People in cars driving on the shoulder to get around you while you are pinned under the bike should be shot. I'd like to say they are just devils but the fact is most of them were probably too ignorant to understand what was happening. Like lemmings they follow each other's lead. Both times I've wiped on the bike I was wearing riding pants...and they saved my ass for sure. No shame in wearing protection that's for sure. I've been eyeing those ICON riding jeans. Does anyone know if they actually have knee padding stiched in or is it just extra denim?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
No padding, just an extra layer of denim...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
DreamRyder said:
sorry to hear this bill.. you were doing well too... but consider this it wasn't your fault so your good streak is still unbroken ;)

E.
Glad your ok Bill. Like E. said your streak is still unbroken :cheers: You've come along ways thats for sure :thumb:

Just remeber chicks dig scars :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Bluto said:
Glad your ok bmac. People in cars driving on the shoulder to get around you while you are pinned under the bike should be shot. I'd like to say they are just devils but the fact is most of them were probably too ignorant to understand what was happening. Like lemmings they follow each other's lead. Both times I've wiped on the bike I was wearing riding pants...and they saved my ass for sure. No shame in wearing protection that's for sure. I've been eyeing those ICON riding jeans. Does anyone know if they actually have knee padding stiched in or is it just extra denim?
yeah ive been thinkin about those jeans too, and they are pretty reasonably priced too if i remember right last time i looked...im not sure if they were the icon ones, but i remember lookin at some for like 60-70 bucks, and i was like damn thats like the same price for a fashion-brand pair of jeans like hollister and abercrombie etc...if not less...and they are still way cooler to even wear around!

ps i do wear hollister, but my gf works there part time just for discounts and buys me all that shit i would NEVER pay 50+ bucks for regular jeans or a sweatshirt!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
bmacd said:
Was riding to work with slick roads from the early rain this morning with the same traffic. I had just turned onto Union Lake from Richardson across from McDonald's and some jerkoff flew around me and pounded his brakes. My safest option was to take the fall, unfortunately, the bike was laying on top of me. Luckily, I build up enough adrenaline watching people drive on the shoulder to get around me so they weren't late for work to push the bike off me and finish the last 3/4 mile to work.

My ego was hurt more than the bike. :(

-=bmacd=-

People suck. Glad to hear you are o.k. though. I went down last year on Southfield Road and no one bothered to stop. They just drove around me looking at me as if I were in the way preventing them from getting to work. As if we are all in a hurry to get to work? wtf?:finger: Had to pick my bike up alone as well. I hate people :finger:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
SpeedyZ said:
Just remeber chicks dig scars :D
dude...thats my line..and i have the t-shirts to prove it :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts