Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I don't know about you, but I like to think of myself as a pretty laid back guy. It takes a lot for me to get pissed off. That being said....

Today I'm going to see my girlfriend and her team play a tennis match and when I get to the parking lot, the lot is full and there is a long line to get out. I see this old guy (50ish) get behind me in a little green KIA SUV and start to throw his hands up like 'what the hell is going on?' He's right: it's annoying that it's taking so long to get out of such a tiny parking lot (40 spaces). Eventually it becomes my turn to pull out of the lot, but there's a lot of traffic coming my way (4 lane road with median). And to boot, once traffic clears, some ASS in a limousine is (no kidding) going 15 mph down a 45 street coming at me. So in other words I can't pull out as I don't know if he's going to go straight and run into me or pull into this parking lot. Well, the old guy behind me lays on his horn. My first reaction: :huh: :wtf: I throw my hands up looking in the rear view mirror and yell "What the hell do you expect me to do?" (all of my windows were down and I was right next to all of the courts)

With that he yells "What's your problem, man? GO!!" I flipped him off and started to pull out. As I'm starting to pull out and cross the first 2 lanes to get to the median, he lays on his horn....AGAIN! I thought that was a really chicken shit move since he was going the other way and I lost it. He lit my fuse and I lost it. I stopped my car (yeah, 2 lanes of traffic coming at me) and started to get out and see what this old fuck's problem was. He yells "What's your problem, man? Just fucking GO!!". I completely snapped and casually get out of my car and start walking to his car. I said "I'm about to show you what my problem is. Get out of your truck and I'm going to light your ass up like a fucking Christmas tree, sir" (the sir? remember he's old). He chirps his tires as he flies out of the parking lot to go the other way.

Man, I just can't believe I snapped like that and was going to lay a finger on someone that old. But what was really embarassing is that all of this was yelled at right next to all of the courts. I felt like such a redneck for doing that, but he was in the wrong. No, I shouldn't have let it get to me, but when someone else has such little regard for human life (mine), I tend to get a little bent out of shape.

Sorry, just had to vent about that. I just thought it was pretty uncool, man.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
No one is above a good beating, regardless of age.:cool:

·
Registered
860 Posts
wheelie123 said:
"I'm about to show you what my problem is. Get out of your truck and I'm going to light your ass up like a fucking Christmas tree, sir"
dont feel bad for hitting an old man...just as long as he can walk away from the ordeal after you whack him no one will tell you an thing....btw i like the phrase you used :thumb:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hey dude I wish I was there watching you make a total ass of your self. It would have been fun to watch a fellow yankee do something that I would do.:D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I felt like someone from an episode from COPS. The only thing missing was my trailer, stained wife-beater t-shirt, Jack Daniels, and mullett!:twofinger :D

As for the guy, he was by no means decrepit (<sp?). He was in good shape and in good senses. I just don't understand that.......especially not on Sunday........especially not with YOUR FAMILY IN THE CAR like he had in his.

You can't like everyone you meet. Some people are just natural born bungholes. This guy was no exception.

gaskyline, I am no Yankee, thank you. :D To tell the truth, I don't know what I would call myself (yeah, open season on that comment :twofinger ), as I've lived in 13 different states at this point.

dan, if I had gotten out of my car in NY, it would have been lifted within seconds of my exit from the vehicle and completely stripped within 10 minutes a few blocks down the road.:twofinger :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
wheelie123 said:
Yeah, I felt like someone from an episode from COPS. The only thing missing was my trailer, stained wife-beater t-shirt, Jack Daniels, and mullett!:twofinger :D

slaintedan said:
Man, what a f**king hick you are! :twofinger At least in New York we're smart enough to let the other guy get out of his car first...then we run him over, twice. :thumbs2: :laughing:

dan, if I had gotten out of my car in NY, it would have been lifted within seconds of my exit from the vehicle and completely stripped within 10 minutes a few blocks down the road.:twofinger :D
Actually, if you were in NY, you would have been shot before you left the parking lot.:finger:
We don't have time to wait for you people who follow those stupid "right of way" laws when leaving a parking lot. :cussing;
A real NY'er takes a quick glance, then pulls into traffic. :burnout:

I see it all the time

·
Registered
38 Posts
You want old folk(s) problems come on down to sunny Fla, I`ve seen it all.

But that said I`ll take the old drivers over the collage kid drivers- you know them , they all have the cell phone glued to the head and race thur traffic like they own the road. They jump from lane to lane with no warning as they chat away.:finger: :finger:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I think that as long as you showed your respect for elders, you're ok :thumb:

I really LOL when you added the "sir" part, immediately following the "I'm gonna kick your ass."

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i thought you were gonna say it was her friends dad or your girlfrined uncle or something.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
wheelie123 said:
gaskyline, I am no Yankee, thank you. :D To tell the truth, I don't know what I would call myself (yeah, open season on that comment :twofinger ), as I've lived in 13 different states at this point.

Sorry Colin , my bad.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
monkey said:
i thought you were gonna say it was her friends dad or your girlfrined uncle or something.
"There's a lot of chlorine in THAT gene pool." Jerry Seinfeld

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kanwisch said:
I think that as long as you showed your respect for elders, you're ok :thumb:

I really LOL when you added the "sir" part, immediately following the "I'm gonna kick your ass."
That's why I was so embarassed. I was taught very early to have the utmost respect for elders and I do. I am the guy who helps old ladies across the street, gives up seats in waiting areas for elders, etc.

And I've dealt with elders that are just cranky......I just laugh those off, as they've earned the right to be that way after 70 some-odd years on Earth. But this PowerTool was different and was just a jerk. I just felt badly for his family to have to see that type of behavior day in, day out.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ga_skyline_rydr said:
Sorry Colin , my bad.
I got a good laugh out of your comment, man. No biggie at all. I wasn't offended, bro. :D :thumb:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
chaos: I will back you on your outlook of elderly drivers VS college students or in my case high school kids.

So wheelie123 what did we have here? An early case of road rage? Are you a hockey player or football player fan that likes to see blood & guts at said games or are you still thinking of Aaron Yates?

Being an old fart myself, even older then the chap you went bannanas over, I have never blowen my cool in my 57 yrs of riding m/cs or driving cages. Just my disposition I guess for nothing seems to to get me mad. Just remember when riding a m/c this Spring & early Summer you will be cut-off by cages & find them almost running you down. It will be up to you to keep your cool in all cases.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's just the thing, Smitty: I don't like this stuff. That guy that I yelled at was intimating that I pull out into oncoming traffic and was honking at me to tell me to do so. That's just uncalled for and he could see as well as I could that I couldn't pull out of the parking lot due to oncoming traffic.

Don't get the wrong idea about me: I NEVER do stuff like this. The only time I do is if someone pulls a really stupid move which endangers either people with/around me or myself. That's why I started the thread title as 'I am so embarassed'......I just don't do this.

As I stated before, I have the utmost respect for not just elderly people, but ALL people. I have a hard time with people out there who have no regard for others' feelings and welfare. I tried to let the first honk go, but HE pressed the issue, not me. It was the elderly man who couldn't drop the issue. It also set me off because my dog was in the car with me and he was getting upset because of the loud, incessant car honks behind me.

Maybe it came across as he honked and I just flipped out and jumped out of my car, when in reality he didn't let it go.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Road Rage

Hey man geriatric assault is no way to go. Serious criime with the penalty of having the AARP or someother special interest group making an example out of your young boy antics. :twofinger

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was running through old posts and found this one, I thought it was kind of funny cause, you know - I prolly wouldn't have gotten out of my car and gotten all pissed, but you know - I'd of probably backed up as close to the guys vehicle as i could have, locked my doors, turned up the radio, and put it in park, listen to a nice long song, or maybe even two before I finally pulled out of the parking lot, that's what I do when people honk. Just the other day in my cage, I was at a redlight, I was the first car, there's only 1 car behind me - I thought I was still in 1st gear and wasn't, so in the time it took me to go from neutral to first (not long at all) the guy starts holding down his horn, i was like "wtf?" so I sat through the entire red light, twice, i went when it turned yellow the second time, right as a policeman pulled up so the guy had to sit there for that redlight too, he honked a whole bunch - i hate people.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
cmd: So you take the "dog in the manger" approach when you are on the public highway? Sort of childish in my way of thinking along with being illegal.

So again as an "old fart" & also as being a fellow rider & cage driver I would simply have moved on & forgotten the horn blowing incident within seconds as my concentration goes onto to the hwy & traffic. You see I am not the sort of person that becomes furious over what others do & reason you would never find me in a road rage situation. Still at 73+ yrs of age & into my 58th yr of riding m/cs & driving cages I guess I am different ONLY when in my teens, 20s & such I was basically the same.

Like yesterday I was on my way home from the gun range as h/gun director-instructor. I saw this poser Humvee in simply glossy black finish with a maze of chome on it & wondered how he would throw his weight around with that grigging monster.

Unfortunately I have to go into this parking mall & the McDonald's joint is there as well with said vehicle.

Two shopping bags of groceries sitting on the passenger seat when I noted same vehicle backing up & SURE ENOUGH though I had the right of way he had to cut me off & in applying my brakes on bag hit the floor. We had both stopped with him realizing he was in the wrong only I gave him the wave to move on, for I had to pull off to get out of my truck, to the other side to straighten out the mess. Also kicking myself in the butt that I had not put the second bag on the floor.

So did I make an arse of myself in front of him & others? Did my top blow for in the back the truck box contained four h/guns & ammo for all being a .22, 38Spl modified into Full House PPC form, a breathed on 9mm & a $4,000 dollar custom 45 made to my specs? It did roll across my mind that if I lived in the States, had a permit to carry, & was the type to blow his cool quickly ----well there was some deadly fire power & believe me as a h/gun-instructor, even at my age, I shoot a very tight group.

So what might have happened to you & the horn blower if he also carried even some of the firepower I carried? You the type to challenge the odds?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts