Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I rode the latest and greatest and was almost sure I wanted a ZX-10R but then something happened and I got bitten by a Ducati bug. Then after the ride on this 2001 996s case was closed. (see pic) I still can’t believe it myself I was so sure I was buying a ZX-10R. I guess I just wanted something different ;)

So I’m going Duck and my best friend will take my ZX-7RR. The bike could not go to a better guy, plus I still get to ride her sometimes :)

The Duck handles excellent and the power delivery is amazing. Maintenance will be a little more then on my Kawi but that’s a small price to pay. If I could keep both bikes I would but future/wife said no place for 2 :(

So lets see anyone with any good tips on the Duck :)

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice looking bike. I recently picked up a yellow 996, just the base version. My previous experience has been on inline fours, so adjusting to the Duc has taken some time. Also, coming from the 900RR, the Duc takes a lot more effort on turn in. I recently had to get new tires, so I went with a 180 on the rear. This has improved the steering, but I'm still working on it.

I have noticed that the Duc is more finicky that any of my other Japanese bikes. For example, I'd suggest checking the tightness of all the fasteners on it. I think it may be the vibration from the twin, but things seem to loosen up and fall off.

The other day, I went to shift from first to second, and got nothing. The nut connecting the shift rod to the lever on the transmission output was gone and the rod was disconnected. Not a big deal, but I never had anything like that happen on my Hondas. Another nut, some Loctite, and I was good to go.

The sound of the twin is awesome, and rear wheel removal is snap, as long as you get the correct socket (which is gigantic) Also, the Dzus fasteners are the greatest, you can strip the bodywork very quickly.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thanks guys I have so much plans for this bike don't even know were to start :D

I love the way this bike feels. I'm glad I got a twin :burnout:

I just ordered some Ducati gear and my new Ducati Helemet should be here by the weekend. :cool:

Lets see what parts comes in carbon fiber .... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Welcome to the Ducati fraternity...:thumb:

Let me know if you need some help finding some CF Parts or go fast parts. There are a ton of good guys on the web. Some good forums too! Duc's are not like Jap bikes where there is a shop damn near on every corner...so we all have to stick together.

Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DocThee said:
Have you seen my new one yet? It is the 1000DS...sounds even better....

So, when ya gettin' another one?
Thanks Guy's this Duc.. I had a nice ride last week in the cold but still fun. :burnout: I love the sound of the Termi's on my bike :cool:

Doc you should post some pics

Mr.Freeze so what's your next Duc ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhhh what a great ride this weekend. I took some new pics since the conversion to Biposto. All in my gallery.

The list of parts on the wish list keep adding up but its turning out nice :D

PS Dan you got to come up this way so we can ride :burnout:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Drei said:
Ahhhh what a great ride this weekend. I took some new pics since the conversion to Biposto. All in my gallery.

The list of parts on the wish list keep adding up but its turning out nice :D

PS Dan you got to come up this way so we can ride :burnout:
Damn, everytime I see that bike I get a stiffy! ;)

I'm working on getting my hands on a new bike. If/when that happens I'll take a ride up to Norwalk...the roads up there are much better than NYC I'm sure! :thumbs2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts