Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcycle.com reviews Korean made Hyosung GT650R. Be sure to read the article and let us know what you think within this thread.

Yee-aah-hooooo-weeeeee! This is serious and proper fun! There’s nothing wrong with in-your-helmet shouting every now and then, but this time the whole situation was kinda weird.

The location? The infamous Sodom-Arad road, regarded by local squids as Israel’s best bit of winding tarmac, climbing up from earth’s lowest point up to the Judea desert’s high plains. The context? Trusting girlfriend and I plus a hefty duffel bag strapped to the tank while touring Israel. The tool? A very unlikely fellow: Hyosung’s GT650R.

Got to admit that I wasn’t quite expecting this unknown, entry-level type of scoot to be this satisfying on such a demanding road and yet, the GT650R was handling the devilish bends like a proper small sport-tourer would.

Read More: Hyosung GT650R Review

·
Registered
369 Posts
The one I saw did not impress me. It appeared to be a cheap knockoff of an SV650, the quality about a notch or two below that of an 80's vintage Harley.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
The other reviews in the paper magazines were not impressed either. The review here seems to confirm issues with ride, fit, finish, etc when compared to the big four. The slight cost savings certainly doesn't make up for the shortcomings which probably explains why I've never seen one on the road.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
that's a shame. I really wanted it to be better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the thing just looks cheap! as a welder/fabricator im definately not diggin that whole "....insert tube "A" into hole "C"...." cheap swingset lookin frame. i wanna see some weld!! :p plus that "instrument cluster" reminds me of a stripped down work truck with those big plastic panels covering where an accessory should go! definately looks like a cheap knock off.:2cents:

·
Registered
369 Posts
the thing just looks cheap! as a welder/fabricator im definately not diggin that whole "....insert tube "A" into hole "C"...." cheap swingset lookin frame. i wanna see some weld!! :p plus that "instrument cluster" reminds me of a stripped down work truck with those big plastic panels covering where an accessory should go! definately looks like a cheap knock off.:2cents:
+1 I hear you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts