Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know, I'm curious as to see who all is still riding around right now. Here it is...... (please don't hurt me)....... 70 degrees. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
when i got up and checket yahoo weather it was 3, with a windchill of -12. high of 7, but tomarrow its going to warm up... 9 baby, hell yea!!!:twofinger 70... you bastard

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
We're well below freezing, too. The ten day forecast is also all below freezing. :(

That's OK though 'cause, good weather or not, if you get the number of replies I think you will, then follow their suggestion, you're going to be too busy :finger: yourself to have time to ride.:p :D

BTW, make sure to wear a condom. You know where that thing's been.:eek: :D

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dad said:
That's OK though 'cause, good weather or not, if you get the number of replies I think you will, then follow their suggestion, you're going to be too busy :finger: yourself to have time to ride.:p :D

BTW, make sure to wear a condom. You know where that thing's been.:eek: :D

(sniffle) :crying: I can feel the love! :twofinger

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The snowmobile people & skiers are in love with the conditions. LOTS of snow, well into freezing temperatures, frozen water lines, electricity failing, if a house catches on fire it will be finished by the time the firemen will arrive (which is not normal nor is the weather), many a cage cannot be started, sore arms & backs to those digging out their driveways & such. I skip the last as it is a short driveway & use the 4X4 bit of my truck. Oh yes the paper people like Kleenex & Scott are doing well with so many stacking up with snot blowing material as so many have colds to others with the flu.

My h/gun shooting partner has counted on driving his 2-wheel drive truck (it barely turned over last Sunday) to get a ride to & from the indoor range as it has a very, very narrow & (illegal) overly steep road with same overly tight bends that ONLY a 4X4 can get up & down on.

Just a quick run-down but feel you have a GENERAL idea. LOL

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
blankgazex said:
when i got up and checket yahoo weather it was 3, with a windchill of -12. high of 7, but tomarrow its going to warm up... 9 baby, hell yea!!!:twofinger 70... you bastard

Just be glad you weren't out late last night... I was staggering out of the club around 4am and it was -22. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't know what's going on out here on the east coast, but last week it was in the 50s and now we're below zero. What's next, dogs and cats living together? :dunno:

·
Registered
518 Posts
frickin' cold....how many days till spring????

·
Registered
518 Posts
Re: Re: How's the weather?

slaintedan said:
Rick, you guys were -25 out on the Island the other night...time to take that trip to Costa Rica, right?

Dan - packing his bags and riding gear for a vacation to Costa Rica.
Sounds good to me...when do we leave?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The "high" on WEDS is -3. WTF am I doing here??

Tonight
Jan 11 Snow Showers Late 12° 60 %
Mon
Jan 12 AM Snow 30°/14° 70 %
Tue
Jan 13 Partly Cloudy / Wind 28°/-12° 20 %
Wed
Jan 14 Partly Cloudy -3°/-14° 20 %
Thu
Jan 15 Few Snow Showers 2°/-17° 30 %
Fri
Jan 16 Partly Cloudy 0°/-10° 20 %
Sat
Jan 17 Partly Cloudy 12°/0° 20 %
Sun
Jan 18 Partly Cloudy 22°/-1° 20 %
Mon
Jan 19 Partly Cloudy 18°/-4° 20 %
Tue
Jan 20 Partly Cloudy 18°/13° 20 %
Last Updated Sunday, January 11, 2004, at 7:34 PM Eastern Standard Time

Mother nature is doing me no justice.:finger:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I was up in vermont on a snowboarding trip last week. The averages at the mountain were -20f at the bottom, and -40 at the top of the mountain. And that my friends, is without the wind chill(and it was f**kin windy). I have never seen so many people with frostbite before in my life.:eek:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Tippmann said:
I was up in vermont on a snowboarding trip last week. The averages at the mountain were -20f at the bottom, and -40 at the top of the mountain. And that my friends, is without the wind chill(and it was f**kin windy). I have never seen so many people with frostbite before in my life.:eek:
Winter is teh ghey.:zzz:

Its been pretty nippy here. I took the bike apart (plastics/seat) so I can clean and what not, and just go start it once a week or so, since I didn`t prep it for the cold. I just keep telling myself the whole last year went fast, so spring will be here in no time. In the meantime I`m searching for another set of plastics and doing other small things to the bike for this season.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I rode to work yesterday. 68 degrees, little wind. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuutiful day!!! :D

Just driving that point home!:twofinger

Jester runs for cover in hopes that the mob will not find him.

·
Registered
164 Posts
slaintedan, where in ny? i was in detroit for NAIAS this weekend, it was about 25, got home tonight(sun) blowing snow throughout canada, im buried in...

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Jester said:
I rode to work yesterday. 68 degrees, little wind. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuutiful day!!! :D

Just driving that point home!:twofinger

Jester runs for cover in hopes that the mob will not find him.
If i didn't have a winter past time, i'd hate it too. But i've always loved winter sports, and always invite the snow.:) Usually by the end of the season though i'm ready to take the bike out again though.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Personally I like winter. No street riding though.:(

Today was the start of our ice racing season, and although I'm not racing this year for various reasons, I went out the races.

A friend of mine was involved in a pretty ugly accident, and ended up eating his studded tire.:eek: Looks like he has a concussion and some pretty ugly lacerations to his face which might not heal so well given the nature of the studs. I havn't heard back how he made out at the hospital.

Here's what his helmet looked like after.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts