Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello and it's great to join such a awesome board with great information and fun shyte!:thumb:

I don't have a bike yet but looking into getting one real soon.

I've been trolling around here for a while reading threads and plan to learn some more great info and contribute what I can.

See you on the boards!:squid:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Hows it goin!

cookeetree said:
What are your choices at this stage??

Well I'm really in love with this used 2005 Honda CBR600RR, it's got about 500 miles.

I really want a CBR600 for my first bike, I'm just debating if I should get it used or new.

Any other good bike tips you would reccomend for a first timer? Used or new?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
There are those who say that 600 race rep's are fine, though the general concensus is the 250 - 500cc range is the best place to start.

Myself? I started on a 250 and I'm glad I did. Bikes take a whole lot of getting used to. Sure, every village idiot can ride a bike in a straight line at traffic pace, but that's about it. When it comes to making that thing avoid obstacles, you'll relish the practice you had on a small, more easily-controlled bike.

New or used? I say used. Reality shows that you're going to drop it, so why trash a nice new bike? You can get a "pretty" bike when you've got the skills to keep it off the pavement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cookeetree said:
There are those who say that 600 race rep's are fine, though the general concensus is the 250 - 500cc range is the best place to start.

Myself? I started on a 250 and I'm glad I did. Bikes take a whole lot of getting used to. Sure, every village idiot can ride a bike in a straight line at traffic pace, but that's about it. When it comes to making that thing avoid obstacles, you'll relish the practice you had on a small, more easily-controlled bike.

New or used? I say used. Reality shows that you're going to drop it, so why trash a nice new bike? You can get a "pretty" bike when you've got the skills to keep it off the pavement.

Thanks bro I will definitely take your advice. I'll post some pics as soon as I get the bad boy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts