Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here from esportbike.com/sportbikes.com...
been lookin around a lil bit and recognize a couple names

:thumb:

I worked out an advertising deal with Mike the admin. here and he mentioned this site, so I thought I would look around a bit :cool:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Welcome to SBW! :hello:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
welcome to our little nitch in the e world ;)

so tell us about yourself... what do you ride? where do you ride?
are you single.. how tall are you... what's your shoe size... j/k I'm in a humerous mood today... :D

:huh: ya know your screen name rings a bell for some reason...

E.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi guys/gals thanks for the welcome. Spicerke/Spicersh i see you both had F4s stolen? Or are you guys talkin about the same bike? I have an F4 orange/blk...soon to be all black maybe. I crash pretty often and the bike needs some paint. Thinkin bout goin to soild black. Ive had it since new in 00. I love the bike. I have had opportunitites to ride many other bikes but always end up missin my F4. I have ridden the RR on the track three times and love it and I am sure I might end up lovin it more than the F4 if I really got used to it. But I am still faster on my F4 in the corners.

Dreamryder - I am a single male, 32 yrs old, 5'11" enjoy long walks on the beach.... :D hehe j/k

Spaz isn't a very common name so we may have run across each other on a site somewhere.

I used to ride only Palomar mountain here in SoCal but am tryin to stick to riding the track only. Its much safer and I may live longer. I have been in too many accidents on the street and am thinkin I need to lower the odds of gettin into a really bad accident by stickin to the track.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
SPAZ said:
**... I have an F4 orange/blk...soon to be all black maybe.

Dreamryder - I am a single male, 32 yrs old, 5'11" enjoy long walks on the beach.... :D hehe j/k

Spaz isn't a very common name so we may have run across each other on a site somewhere.
I should have went with an F4i for a track bike..when I decided to keep my 929 for street only... :crying: long story...

glad to see you have a good sense of humor ... you'll fit in well here :thumb:

well I only frequent SBW... LOL... and up till Feb of this year I only visited Redline's forum on here :p after I found my way out I've seemed to infect all areas of SBW now ;) so unless you've been on here before or someone else has had your screenname before not sure it would have been you I was thinking of... :dunno:

E.

ah cool... another track addict :drool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My bike is actually an F4. Built the year before the F4i came out. But I have crashed an F4i too :D actually someone helped me crash it :eek:
In my opinion 600s are way better for the track. Especailly tight tracks. The bigger bikes can usually take me at the end of a straight but i get um back in the tight stuff. Unless of course the rider is used to the 1000cc but thats somewhat rare. It takes alot of skill to tame the big bikes and use them correctly in the corners and on track days you don't see that too often. Don't get me wrong though I'm not braggin. There are plenty of good riders on bigger bikes and I have alot to learn to even get anywhere near the full potential use out of a 600. I just prefer 600s and see alot of people at the track riding liter bikes that can't handle them in the corners.
I guess my thoughts on this are best summed up in: when I watch other people ride the track or race I just love watchin the little bike 125cc-600cc pass the bigger bikes in the corners :thumb:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
SPAZ said:
My bike is actually an F4. Built the year before the F4i came out. ** .. **
I guess my thoughts on this are best summed up in: when I watch other people ride the track or race I just love watchin the little bike 125cc-600cc pass the bigger bikes in the corners :thumb:
oh I know the F4 was prior to F4i... I like fuel injection better than carbs so that's why I said I wanted the F4i ;) and the F4i is not as aggressive of a stance as the RR... I like comfort :D

I agree about the smaller bikes.. especially at Grattan.. it's so technical the smaller bikes have the advantage except down the long ass straight away :p one bike out there I loved to watch was a fella on an Ex500 kicken ass ... but i have seen some guys kick ass on the bigger bikes through the technical areas as well ~ one person was on a 929 and another was on a 900.... I just ride for the fun.. and loved how my 929 handled out there and I was decent up till I lowsided (possible rider error in not getting far enough off the bike for the turn and ran out of tire or lost traction caused from too many heat cycles) after that I wanted a disposable bike that I didn't mind puttin down so I could push myself.. and I came across a used gixxer 750 that "sounded like a good deal" ... all in all I am not comfortable with it and will be giving it one more track day to see if I can manage to get back in the groove with it.. if not out she goes and I'll be in the market for either an F4i or another 929...

E.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
SPAZ said:
Hi guys/gals thanks for the welcome. Spicerke/Spicersh i see you both had F4s stolen? Or are you guys talkin about the same bike?
Same bike. :crying:

Spicersh had an XX that was totaled, so he attempted to abscond with my F4... then some sticky-fingered bastage relieved us of it before we could really start fighting over it.

A blessing in disguise? Maybe.. but I still want the thief's hands for a trophy. :finger:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear ya about the fuel injection. Its way smoother than my carbed bike. Speakin of comfort the "banana seat" on my F4 is as ugly as sin but super comfortable :D
Ive never ridden a 750 but I hear they are great track bikes. Like you said maybe you just need a lil more time to settle in on it.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Man, why does everyone hate the "banana seat" on the F4? :( That's one of the things I loved most about it....that bike is hands down one of the best looking rides ever, IMO. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree its one of the best lookin rides...but the seat! lol. I guess I like the race look better. I think its because the seat reminds me of the seat on my sisters old pink Schwin she had year ago lol.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
:laughing:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
SPAZ said:
I hear ya about the fuel injection. Its way smoother than my carbed bike. Speakin of comfort the "banana seat" on my F4 is as ugly as sin but super comfortable :D
Ive never ridden a 750 but I hear they are great track bikes. Like you said maybe you just need a lil more time to settle in on it.
sorry for ignorance here.. but never heard of someone callin something a banana seat.. is that because the rider and passenger seat is all one??? if so I had that style of seat on my 1989 CBR 600 and yes sir reeee it was SUPER comfortable :drool: but I find my corbin on my 929 does well up to about 400 miles of riding after that my butt starts going numb :eek: I put 575 miles on last sunday and I nearly died that last 175 miles headen back home....

I can't be smooth on the throttle with the 750 and that bothers me out there.. I'm use to the way my 929 handled and it's hard as hell for me to change... I had a freind take it out and ride it to make sure it wasn't the bike (cause the bike has had numerous problems) and he was satisfied with it's handling and was kicken it good out there.. so it's all me... but I dont' want to give up on it just yet cause I've only had 1 trackday on it where it wasnt' dieing out on me and the track was wet and it was damn cold that day so I had no confidence in the bike or track which made it hard for me to concentrate on the throttle ... this bike just didnt' come natural to me like my 929 did :(

I see your banner now at the top of some of the pages.. that's pretty cool.. hope it goes well for you... :thumb:

E.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks - if you ever get out to Socal bikeless look us up. We rent
bikes for the street or the track.

I think the "banana" seat was one of those unfortunate things that came out of the seventies :rolleyes:

The furthest I have ever ridden was to Vegas and back. The ride there wasn't bad but the ride back was miserable. Not because of the seat though but because of the fact I was sun-burned, sore from jet-skiing all weekend, and tired from partying. Needless to say the last couple hundred miles I was exceeding the speed limit just to get home and off the bike quicker :D

Is the 750 injected? Not sure if this will work or not but maybe you can get a power commander and mess with the mapping to make it more smooth.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
SPAZ said:

I think the "banana" seat was one of those unfortunate things that came out of the seventies :rolleyes:

The furthest I have ever ridden was to Vegas and back. The ride there wasn't bad but the ride back was miserable. Not because of the seat though but because of the fact I was sun-burned, sore from jet-skiing all weekend, and tired from partying. Needless to say the last couple hundred miles I was exceeding the speed limit just to get home and off the bike quicker :D

Is the 750 injected? Not sure if this will work or not but maybe you can get a power commander and mess with the mapping to make it more smooth.
Ya just never know.. I may one day find myself out that way for a visit or to attend a race ;) I go to Las Vegas for work in April and had tried to find a sportbike rental place to get a bike while I was there but had no luck.. I was lookin at the last minute :rolleyes:

as for the 750.. yes it's FI but I have gone that route with a PC3 and a custom map on a dyno machine.. the whole 9 yards and then some cause this thing turned out to be a money pit with numerous problems... it's not even close to stock gearing and is very aggressive... hell at the 1/4 mile dragstrip my ETA's are very similar to what I get on teh 929 ... so it's finally going strong.. but it's a tad touchier than what I'm use to.. and I'm not sure I want to tweek it anymore or put anymore time and money into it if it would better suit a more aggresive rider than I :eek:

E.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
SPAZ said:
You're kidding, right? Last year I spent a great deal of time in SoCal, and had done a lot of online searching for places that rented bikes and found none (other than HD's) :mad:

Spaz, do you recognize me? I'm wondering about an LS1 connection..... :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope don't recognize ya...should I? I have a terrible memory. LS1 connection?

sorry you guys couldn't find a rental. Its a little easier to find us now, especially since we signed up with Google.

·
Registered
107 Posts
When the time comes for me to get a track bike its between a TL1000R, Suzuki GSX-R 750 and Kawasaki ZX-7R. All of the bikes are out of my skill league but i cant justify buying six bikes working my way up the ladder. Ive always ridden litre bikes...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wouldn't consider going from smaller cc bikes up to liter bikes as "climbing" a ladder. There are plenty of people out there that could ride circles around us on 125s or 250s on a tight track :eek: no matter what size bike we were on! It just comes down to preference I guess. I prefer ringin the neck on a 600. Some people prefer the bottom end power of a liter bike. Some people prefer the feather weight of the ultra small bikes carrying tons of speed through the corners. To each there own :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts