Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my bike at the shop, yesterday arvo, to get the insurance repairs done. While she's in there, I'm getting some engine and brake work done and new rubber fitted. When she comes out, she'll be beautiful again, will go like stink, stop on a dime and stick like sh*t to the road. I can't wait!

But, how will I cope while she's in there? What will I do when I've got that urge to ride? Jump on Mrs Tree's 250??? That won't cut it. It's like being on a BMX compared to my big girl.

To make the wait even worse, I bought a tank bag yesterday. So, I've got this brand new tank bag, but no bike to put it on.

Oh, God, I can feel the shakes starting already... :crying:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
when its gets really bad...go to the bike shop and test ride something...remember to act interested in a purchase...then stay gone for 2 hours gettin your fix....

this only works once or twice so use sparingly...other than that, twist a top or 6 and play motogp on the computer

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Cookee, if you find yourself running through the house wearing that tankbag on your head while carrying the missus on your back, take ARK's advice. Not a bad idea, I might do it myself if I don't have my bike back together by spring.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rundog said:
Cookee, if you find yourself running through the house wearing that tankbag on your head while carrying the missus on your back, take ARK's advice...
LMFAO!!! :laughing:

Thanks, guys, you've cheered me up! I might have to try the beer and MotoGP idea. Certainly can't hurt!! :cheers:

Someone on the Aussie forum suggested I spend heaps of time on the 250, so that when I get the 1100 back, it'll be like starting on her again for the first time. I kinda like that logic and it means I don't have to wear a tank bag on my head. :D

I thought about hitting up the shop for a loaner bike, but it was a Suzuki dealer. I couldn't forgive myself if I rode a Suzy! :p

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Its even harder waiting when you're going around in the cage and see other riders. Call in sick, this is definitely not a period you should be out and about :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
:laughing: :laughing:

I wear my helmet and jacket around the house when I get separation anxiety. It makes me feel better... but I live alone and work from home so I think 'who cares'! A pizza guy came to the door once and thought I was odd. Heheh

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
OSUrid3r said:
:laughing: :laughing:

I wear my helmet and jacket around the house when I get separation anxiety. It makes me feel better... but I live alone and work from home so I think 'who cares'! A pizza guy came to the door once and thought I was odd. Heheh
OSU : I hope you have that CBR in the livingroom where it belongs :thumbs2:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes, exactly!!!!! I just can't get my bike inside up the front steps :(

I would sleep on my bike in the living room if I could.. I've slept on it in the garage a few times :thumb:

·
Registered
892 Posts
OSUrid3r said:

I would sleep on my bike in the living room if I could.. I've slept on it in the garage a few times :thumb:
passing out doesnt count as sleeping :twofinger :cheers:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
passing out does count as sleeping but putting the tankbag on the missus doesnt count as saddle time unless its rodeo sex..

Rodeo sex : during the act of intercourse you wisper in her ear "Your sister does this better" then try and hang on for 8 seconds

·
Registered
307 Posts
Video games are kind of a good way to pass the time but playing MotoGP '07 in race gear doesn't quite make it like real life. Still fun, though.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OSUrid3r said:
Video games are kind of a good way to pass the time but playing MotoGP '07 in race gear doesn't quite make it like real life. Still fun, though.

Hey, squid, where's ya gloves?! :twofinger

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
cookeetree said:
Hey, squid, where's ya gloves?! :twofinger
Do they ever listen? :twofinger

OSUrid3r
:ban:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts