Sportbike World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEFORE READING THIS, PLEASE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THAT I PRESENTLY KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT MOTORCYCLING.

This may sound a little stupid, but how do you pull a wheelie without flipping off the back of the bike? I mean, I've seen videos of guys wheeling their bike down the street at like a 45 degree angle.

------------------
ZeroMan.

Save the frogs. Respect your zeros.

·
Registered
186 Posts
There are about 10 other threads on this subject, but we'll review anyhow.
Depending on the bike there are about three kinds of wheelies.

1.) Roll on. Pin the gas and it comes right up (R1 owners know of this).
2.) Cracking the throttle. Go hard, let off, go very hard and it comes up.
3.) Clutch wheelies. Pull clutch in, rev up, and drop the clutch.

Most bikes will do the 2nd and 3rd kind in first. Sometimes second.

For the best "How To" on wheelies check out this link
http://www.dragbike.com/news/features/wheelies101.htm

Also, if you can get it up, one thing everyone forgets to mention is to try it with less gas in the tank. With a full tank my 6R only gets about 6 inchs off the ground, but with an almost empty tank I can get it at the balance point cracking it at about 7 grand!

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have a 1200 Bandit like me, very easily open throttle in 1st gear, and you are pointed to the sky. My Bandit will wheelie, with a full tank of gas and 2 people sitting on the gas tank!

------------------

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think from now on, whenever someone asks how to do a wheelie, I'm going to respond with this:

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, DON'T EVEN TRY.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I agree Scott

SQUID.

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GodCreatedOne:
...well i think your a JACKASS for a comment like that...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just like the guy who thinks he farts, but really shits his pants! :D

Okay, for all of you who want to wheelie, I'm only posting this one more time:

Take your bike to a public street. Preferably a crowded one with LOTS of spectators (this increases the coolness factor). Come to a complete stop. Ensure that you're in first gear and the clutch is in. Wind your motor out until it starts to bounce off the rev-limiter (this will get everybody's attention). While the motor is at maximum RPM, let the clutch fly...just dump that baby! Don't worry when your feet fly backward and you're dragging your knees and toes, because it looks really awesome. Be sure to keep that throttle pinned, and whatever you do, "don't let go." If the bike starts to swerve violently from side to side, just put more pressure on one foot or the other to control your direction. So you see, it's really easy. Go ahead and give it a try! I do it all the time, and the crowd really gets into it! :D

------------------
-Paul
You're slow, and your mother dresses you funny.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
I'm going to head this off before someone goes to jail for murder. :)

P.S. Zero, follow White Knights advice,

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

[This message has been edited by Sportbikeworld (edited July 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
129 Posts
scott you must be a expert rider huh??? well i think your a JACKASS for a comment like that

------------------
They have the internet on computers now???

·
Registered
25 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZeroMan:
BEFORE READING THIS, PLEASE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THAT I PRESENTLY KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT MOTORCYCLING.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you havent learned how to ride yet. I would recommend learning that first. Wheelies are something that should be done when you can control your motorcycle.

------------------
Fred Folkerts
1999 Kawasaki ZX9R (Blue)
http://www.sportbikes.net- Free Bulb Contest

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GodCreatedOne:
scott you must be a expert rider huh??? well i think your a JACKASS for a comment like that

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Because he gave the guy a bit of honest and true input? GET REAL "God" -oh, nevermind, you dont live in that kind of world...

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.