Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i can almost consistantly pop it up in first by just powerin it up but i want to pop it up with the clutch in first and second. I try all the time but i just can't seem to get it up. I think maybe i'm not giving it enough rpm's when i pull the clutch it. Can someone please help me out, how high should i rev it up, how fast should i be going etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
slow the fuck down, like 20 or so. Put your foot on the rear brake and repeat outloud "Rear brake, rear brake, rear brake" pull in the clutch halfway, seat far back, rev the engine HIGH to at least 7k, then dump the clutch while giving it lots of gas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok ok, will try. I think my biggest problem is not giving it enough gas when i pull the clutch in. Thanks for the advice, i noticed you have a devil exhaust as well, how do you like it?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I am absolutely 100% in love with my devil exhaust. Ive had it on my bike for 2 years, and so far the build quality is outstanding. Its one of the most throaty cans I have heard on a 600 yet. One of my buddies just got a devil can for his 06 R6 too... he loves his.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah mines deep as hell also. Sounds exactly like the two brothers exhaust for the 636. It'll prolly sound better doing wheelies if i can get the balls to do it. I think my biggest fear thats holdin gme back is that my bikes so nice. I don't want to take chances ya know. I jsut got back from Deal's Gap in TN. Have you ever been there, if not you'll want to, trust me. www.dealsgap.com

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice before pic, go practice, youll get it, just dont forget to post up the after pic of your bike:D :D , lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah im just messin with ya, good luck man, its all about practice. Just dont forget, bikes can be bought, skills cant, dont be afraid to push it, just be aware of the consiquences.

·
Registered
39 Posts
on my 636, I role at about 30-40 mph. The bike revs somewhere around 5500+ rpm in second gear. I pop the clutch and stay on the gas, only slightly backing off when it gets up there, but still stay on it mostly. The only thing stopping me then is a turn, red light, and maybe a cop. I don't always use the rear brake, although I should. I do always have it covered in case I get too high. When i need to use it, I naturally continue using it. Just use it as an eject button right now to save your back.
Power Wheelies HURT, the clutch is way more efficient, consistent, and controllable than powering it up. 1st gear wheelies suck too. You can't ride em' out, and it's way too torque-y to be as safe as 2nd gear whoolies. In my opinion of course.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm starting to get good and the feel of poppin the clutch in first. All i really have to do is work on control. Once that's down i'm on to second, i'll keep everyone posted on how it goes

·
Registered
135 Posts
How fast are you going when you pop the clutch (from idle?), and for how long do you have the lever pulled in? Just a fraction of a second? About how high do you think your RPMs get before you reengage the clutch? Just curious- not trying them now but someday... Nice Bike BTW :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going bout 25 and pulling the clutch in for about a 3/4 a second and then easin it out. My biggest problem was i was pulling the clutch to far in. Just hold onto the handle bar and use one finger to pull the clutch in just enough to where it slips. Also, try and do it without worrying about rpms, do it by sound and feel. You're less likely to wreck that way. AND for everyone else, heres an updated pic of my bike

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
shoot for about 6000 RPM, get off the throttle, pull the clutch in with one finger just enough to engage the clutch, throttle it smoothly to about where it was before or higher, and release the clutch quickly. Easing the clutch out slowly isn't cutting it. Bikes come up quickly, but you'll soon realize that it does want to settle close to balance point. Just learn to jump the front end up. The rest comes with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i've watched those, makes it seem too easy haha. Yeah i didn't really mean "eaaasin" the clutch out, but it's better to realize fast and smooth instead of just dumpin it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts