Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just done a course at the wheelie school learning to wheelie we used Suzuki Bandit 1200, I had no problem trying to wheelie these just rolled the throttle to 30mph and smothly snaped the throttle open and the wheel came up.

But when I tried to repeat this on my ZX6R G2 I just cant get the wheel up so easy, I managed a few very small wheelies just lifting the front wheel. I tried in 1st gear rolling the throttle to 5000rpm and smothly snapping it but just cant get that front wheel up to any decent height

can anyone help please....

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I'd go for 10k, but I imagine with some practice you should be able to do it around 7k. Personally, I prefer to clutch them.
Also pay attention to the body position. The bandits bars put your body more upright, putting more weight on the rear wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I should try 10k

is first gear still the gear to use i imagine I wouldnt have alot of power to hold the wheel I after I snap the throttle at that revs in first gear?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I'd say try snapping the throttle at 7-8k. When you do it, lean/sit as far back as possible. You can also try to practice on a small hill/incline going upwards (its easier). You would be able to get the front end up like a foot or so. More practice and you should be able to get that sucker higher and be able to get to the BP and hold the wheelie for a bit.

If not, you can clutch it up. I'd say start small, roll at like 15mph and rev it up to 7-8k again and drop the clutch a bit fast, if you feel like your going to fast, just disengage. Remember, start small.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh I practised this yesterday, I snaped the throttle back at 8k and wheel poped up only a little though, I guess with more practise i will do better

Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wheelied a cbr 600. It was easy. just get it up to around 6000 rpm shut the throtle off and then open it and give the bars a pull.
the bike came straight up.
it had a smaller sproket on the back to. Should be easyer for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts