Sportbike World banner

how to intentionally backfire?

36K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rtype 
#1 ·
I once read somewhere that you can backfire the bike by toggling the off/on switch while riding. I've tried it myself but it just seems to shut the engine off for a split second and turns it back on without skipping a beat. Am I doing it wrong? Anybody know what I'm talking about?

------------------

#2 ·
Just a question... but why would you want to purposely make your bike backfire... because from what ive been told... it isnt the best thing for the engine and such. but hey thats just me

Blake

------------------
'99 gsxr 750 with some nice scratches on the left side oops lol

#3 ·
DUDE!!! Why the F--K would you wanna do that to your engine? Do you think that's a cool sound? Do you LIKE seeing flames come out of your exhaust and carburator SIMULTANEOUSLY? Just some advice here, but go to whoever taught you to believe that it's somehow COOL to intentionally backfire your engine, and BEAT them. Also, don't try to backfire your engine anymore. You will hurt not only the engine, but also your ignition system.

I'm not mad, just amazed that someone would TRY to do this. BAD, BAD, BAD!

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

G
#6 ·
Hey Guys,

Lay off OK, The best way to make your bike backfire is to light it on fire :D Less damage this way :)

Serious though I hope you understand what backfiring does to your engine ?? Can you
say bent valves ??

I would do burnouts instead ?? But if you really want to know how to backfire ...OK

You got half of it right you turn of the bike, Crank the throttle a few times , and then flip it back on... Won't work on FI bikes.

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

#7 ·
come on guys lay off. let the guy have some fun.

what kind of bike? i hear the fi gsxr's have some mechanism to prevent it (not that i've tried, i've grown up, but i used to do it all the time with my f2).

as for the carbed bikes, ride at about 5k, hit the kill switch, say 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, turn it on and start scaring old ladies.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

#8 ·
I want to thank everyone who replied. You want to know why I want to make my bike backfire? Because I want to know HOW to do it. I didn't plan on doing it a lot, maybe just one time so I can say I know how. It's just like doing anything stupid on bikes. Why, with all the risks involved, would a person want to ride wheelies or perform endos (er stoppies for all you who insist on calling them that)? Because some think it's fun and others think it's cool. Is it dangerous? Of course it is. I don't think they're all that cool but I'll tell you that I would want to at least know how to do it and unless I actually pull it off, everything I read and heard is just theory. That being said, I think we can end this thread since I got my answer from a couple of the replies. Thanks again.

------------------

[This message has been edited by rtype (edited September 25, 2000).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.