Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gosh, TJ's buddy at work told him about the following activity he observed during Biketoberfest. It was Harley riders only! They were looping a chain around a tree (a big, long chain) and the other end around their bodies and then starting at the tree, they'd ride their bikes as fast as they could until the chain pulled tight and jerked them off the bikes and the bikes went across the field and fell over. Sounds like a helluva lot of fun to me! NOT!! :eek: Yes, they were drunk, but c'mon. :rolleyes:

I wish I had known it was going on at the time. I'd have paid money to watch that kind of foolishness for a couple hours! :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Mix Alcohol with Lads and you get all sorts of fun

Large doses of alcohol usually result in incredible stupidity. A Sears Point last May, when it rained out, 2 guys one xr-70's provided hours of entertainment dirplaying incredible stupidity. They also wrecked the bikes and smacked a few parked cars in the process. Several of us also picked up a bunch of crashed bikes (sportbikes) whilst being ridden intoxicated on muddy roads.

Dumb riders + booze = stupid human tricks

·
Registered
440 Posts
Luv2RideFast said:
...starting at the tree, they'd ride their bikes as fast as they could...
C'mon. They were on Harleys. How fast could they have been going when they yanked their chains?

One of my neighbors got tanked up on Tequila on July 4 and tried to show off to the neighborhood by doing a wheelie on his KX250. He had a big ole purple butt for a few weeks afterward. We had a great time watching him limp around the block. Unfortunately I was on vacation and didn't get photos of his trick. Didn't bother getting photos of his butt either. Took him at his word for the bruise.

Bet those Harley clowns regretted their stupidity too, but at least my neighbor is smart enough to learn from his mistakes.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well, everyone knows the most common last words of a Harley rider:

"Hey everybody, watch this...!"

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i wonder if there was a really dumb one that tied the chain around his neck. or one that tried it with a sissy bar. ouch.

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
cbrf2boy said:
i wonder if there was a really dumb one that tied the chain around his neck. or one that tried it with a sissy bar. ouch.
How would sissy bars effect someone getting pulled off the back of a harley considering they're up front?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
jk6672 said:
cbrf2boy said:
How would sissy bars effect someone getting pulled off the back of a harley considering they're up front?
i thought a sissy bar is that big assed ugly back rest. could be wrong, i'm no harley guy.

·
Squid
813 Posts
Don't get me wrong I'm not a Harley guy either. I wouldn't want oil spots in the garage :D
A back rest is a back rest and sissy bars are those rediculous looking sideways looking U's that are so they don't scrape the frame or engine in the event of a get off. Basically harley frame sliders.

G

·
Crash bars are up front , as with higway pegs.. Tony the tiger is right ... Sissy bars are the backrest of the seat ? Right Tony ?

GEEEZZ GUYS!

·
Squid
813 Posts
well I guess I was wrong, I asked one of the ******** at work, I had the two mixed up :D :D

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Squidwannabe said:
Crash bars are up front , as with higway pegs.. Tony the tiger is right ... Sissy bars are the backrest of the seat ? Right Tony ?

GEEEZZ GUYS!
i'm guessin' anyway.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No surprise there!

Why does it not surprise me that Pete knew about something with the word "sissy" in it? Hmmmmmmm. I'm only surprised RCJohn didn't jump in there first! :D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
A sissy bar IS the back rest.(This is used to keep drunks on the bike from falling down go boom!)
The "things" up front are "highway pegs".(These are used mainly to keep your feet a LOOONG way away from your shifter and brakes in case u need to use those,which by the time you move your feet from 'em to the aforesaid shifter or rear brake IT'S TOO DAMN LATE!!!)
The "things" near the engine are case guards,used to protect the engine,(and all that stupid chrome crap that weights the hog-bike down!)
And if they are stupid enough to chain themselves to a tree then I'd say we have seen a prime example of nature weeding out the weak links that should not procreate!!:D
Jim

·
Squid
813 Posts
So, a sissy bar can be defined as something a passanger can hold on to? If so, I guess Kaw's technically have sissy bars :D :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts