• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how often you all get in fights with your significant others. I think I am on the rag or something because lately my girl is Pi$$ing me off all the time. I am not great at long term relationships, and I have never argued like this either. So is it time to roll out?

·
Registered
28 Posts
First, try to work it out. That sounds silly but sometimes it works. If you can't work out your issues you will never have a good long term relationship.

Second. If she (or you) are just intent on pissing the other one off, call it off. It is better to quit a relationship quickly and decisively than to drag it out. Use your mind...not your little YZF600R Guy (if you get the drift).

Third, tell her that you have started an affair with your bike. Then call her names, give her the finger and do a donut in her driveway. Then show her your ass as you wheelie down the road. ;)

......in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
627 Posts
As I've aged I have less energy to fight. If I just say my piece & she says her's we're done with it. We don't always need to agree in order to get along. If I've really bugged her in someway I find it easier to just say I'm sorry & not really worry about who's right. It's a rare to never chance you will convince somebody they are wrong. Besides, my relationship with Mica involves so much more than the few times we piss each other off.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
My goodness I have not been in a fight since I was a young punk back in 1947 or '48!!!!!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
lately my girl is Pi$$ing me off all the time.
and I have never argued like this either

Sounds like you guys have gone from dating to somewhere past your 10th wedding anniversary.

·
Registered
100 Posts
sucks.

All I know is I went out with this chick for 3 1/2 years and we CONSTANTLY CONSTANTLY fought over the stupidest shit..she had an attitude and I was stubborn..but I was also immature and have learned a lot from that relationship..I can't give you advice on yours, if you like her a lot, don't just give up though..Think about it, you may realize it's you in the wrong..That's something I never did..

All I can say is I am extremely happy with the girl I am with now..and I love her to death!! :eek: :D :twofinger :eek: :D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Regarding arguments.

Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?

You decide.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Last year we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. There won't be a 26th.:cool: I was always a firm believer in the "till death do us part" bit but I realized there's penalties for that so I'm settling for the divorce option.:thumb: :D Hey, it's only money.

·
Registered
364 Posts
wow dad , sorry to hear your sending up the white flag after 25 years.But I have not walked in your shoes..nor you in mine! 10 yrs. for us this July 4th.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hmmm, lemme ask ya...

If you know you don't do well with commitment, then why do you bother wasting her time? Sounds to me like you need to get your priorities straight before you go jumping into relationships. If you just want a good time with no commitment, tell the female that when you first meet her. If you do want a relationship, long term, short term, whatever, then figure out if you've met someone that you WANT to be with. Or have you just settled for whatever comes along? Be honest with yourself about these kinds of things. Once you start doing that, you'll realize how easy and enjoyable relationships can be. ;) Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Dad said:
Last year we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. There won't be a 26th.:cool: I was always a firm believer in the "till death do us part" bit but I realized there's penalties for that so I'm settling for the divorce option.:thumb: :D Hey, it's only money.
Damn, you seem to be in a pretty good mental place about this, Dad. Good for you. I do believe that possibilities on the horizon are better than something that just isn't working. :)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Re: Hmmm, lemme ask ya...

hot_rocket78 said:
Once you start doing that, you'll realize how easy and enjoyable relationships can be. ;) Good luck.
I must be doing something wrong b/c I still haven't reached that point... :D

As far as I see it, people bring out the best or the worst in me. If they bring out the worst it's their fault, if they bring out the best then - DAMN BABY - check me out :D

J/K - I really haven't found someone who can bring the best out of me. I know it's there however, finding someone who can apprecicate and nuture it - well now that's another story.

And all this is a perfect segue to my sig...

:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
From past releationships I've found that some people hold in everything and this isn't good because eventually those people tend to blow up on some minute thing. IE releationship over. Other people find it better to "bitch" about every little thing, again not good, because it get annoying. IE relationship over. Persoanlly I tend to get along with the people that "Pick their battles". Basically the let the small stuff slide and if it's something that really get's to them then they'll let you know it. The only problem for me is the one that I found that follows the last example is one I had to let go due to the fact I got moved to another part of the country. But I'm a think there is a certain type of person that suites everyone the challange is finding your type. But sometimes it's hard to let go of a wrong type because by the time you find out your not right for eachother your not wanting to let go, because you've already put so much time into it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Dad said:
Sorry to hear it's not going to last but you know what's best for both of you. Best of everything in the next phase of your life.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dad, can I call you DAD?.. ok Dad, tell me something. Is arguing really just something that occurs within a relationship. I mean this is the first time this has happened to me. But obviously all my past relationships failed. So am I just over reacting to something that is normal... or is this a huge sign like I think it is that things are not going to be right.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your marital problems. I hope you are happier however it turns out.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Dad said:
Damn, I hate to hear that... I guess. I hope us going out for beers didn't do it. ;)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Laura and I have been married for 16 years and we do occassionally fight. Only a half dozen or so good ones. We do get into smaller ones every now and then but not often. Our worst problems have come when we were stressed over money and/or work.

One thing to remember is it doesn't get easier and relationship require work by both persons. I'm learning this more as of late. ;) Laura is working alot more so I have to pick up the slack around the house to ease the burden on her.

2-way street... just remember that and if she gives you any lip about it then just smack the shit out of her. :D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If you're looking for a relationship where you never argue then you're going to be looking for a LONG time. Disagreements happen. My husband and I are constantly disagreeing about small stuff and have one good knock-em-down drag-em-out fight once a year. I think it's actually healthy because disagreements shake you out of your mindset and get you thinking.

If she's constantly pissing you off then maybe it's time to re-evaluate. There's nothing wrong with calling it quits if it's not working out, and being single is a good thing. Some of the happiest times in my life were when I was unattached. I have to agree with hot_rocket in that if you don't do well with long term relationships then stop wasting your time and hers and move on. There's nothing wrong with that. But if she is different than the others then maybe you should try to figure out what specifically is upsetting you so much and why.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Gee, Dad

Dad said:
We're in the same boat, only it's been 16 years, here.

Some may see it as raising the white flag, aka giving up. I see it as salvaging what's left of a partnership/friendship while things are still amimicable. Why wait until it gets to the point where it gets ugly? IMO, the latter is a lose-lose situation. Just agree to disagree, and get on with life. (It may sound simple enough, but as we all know, life's never easy.)

I'm really sorry to hear it, but I wish you good luck, and hope for nothing but the best for you and your wife in your future endeavors.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
My sister is very much like the girl you describe. In all honesty if you want to continue to hurt her, stay with her. But ask yourself this: is it your responsibility to take care of this girl? (are you her legal guardian in other words) Does she have nobody else? How much of your life are you willing to lose because you are so caught up in taking care of this girl?

Perhaps this girl seems so incapable of getting by because YOU step in and clean up after her? It's possible that forcing her to take care of herself might wake her up. The human spirit is an amazing thing. It's also possible that she will find her way in the world in ways that you cannot imagine. So far my sister has.

There comes a time in everyone's lives where they have to be cut loose and forced to either sink or swim. Are you ready to do that yet?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.