Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I usually clean mine at least once a week. Especially after long rides to get the bugs and tar off. A clean bike, is a happy bike. And a happy bike is a fun bike.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Any time it is a nice warm morning, I don't have to work that day, and I plan on riding. Or sometimes in the evening after work. In short, it varies, but if I am noticing too many fingerprints, bugs, or smudge marks from road grime, I hozer off around once a week or so.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man i wanted to go but i was too busy with the bike. battery died & all :(. it wasnt cool with it being the first day. im gonna go to the on e in june for sure. just gotta get my tickets

·
Registered
55 Posts
2k2NINJAZX6R said:
how often do you guys clean your bike? im just curious ive clean mine 4 times already & ive had it less then 2 weeks.
i wipe it down everytime before i ride:D . that's when i'm leaving the house:) . wash or clean it real good every week check the fluids, air, for loose screw, etc........ and it depends on the weather:( .

·
Registered
231 Posts
Every 15 days

I usually clean my ride once every two weeks. I think cleaning anymore than that prematurely fades the paint. However, I do use one of those feather duster thingies (stop laughing at me:finger: ) inbetween cleanings. It helps reduce deposits of dust and grime.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nothing wrong with having fun man just gotta let it bling bling :D ive only got 30 on mine so far & its been cleaned more then 5 times already. hrmmm wonder if i can get away a week or 2 with it being yellow

·
Registered
101 Posts
2k2NINJAZX6R said:
how often do you guys clean your bike? im just curious ive clean mine 4 times already & ive had it less then 2 weeks.

nothing wrong with having fun man just gotta let it bling bling ive only got 30 on mine so far & its been cleaned more then 5 times already. hrmmm wonder if i can get away a week or 2 with it being yellow

Im sorry, this bike has been cleaned 4-5 times and you have 30 miles on it...!?!!
thats a cleaning every 6 miles... common dude... dont worry about the bugs and dust, its not THAT bad... get some miles on that thing! Thats what its made for!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
2k2NINJAZX6R said:
man i wanted to go but i was too busy with the bike. battery died & all :(. it wasnt cool with it being the first day. im gonna go to the on e in june for sure. just gotta get my tickets
2kNINJA; the date are >>>>
Dunlop, Parts Unlimited & McGraw Insurance
Superbike World Championship
AMA National Championships
July 12 -- 14
>>>>>>>>>> http://laguna-seca.com/00wsb.htm

There is a Ninja group rideing down there from a local group.

Check out the site.------->

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bayareaninjas/

zx7biker

·
Registered
38 Posts
Call me anal, but I give my ZX6r a wipedown before and after every ride with mothers show and shine. I did the same on my CBR F3 and it looked better the day I sold it(after 2 1/2yrs) then it did the day I got it from the dealer. I spend about 20 mins with a really soft terrycloth everytime I ride it and I hardly ever have to wash it. Usually wash every week or two but I just hose her off, never need soap, not even on bugs or chail lube, and it always looks gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!! I think I might suffer from a bit of O.C.D. What do you think?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't call me ANAL!

I clean my bike when its clean :) and actually enjoy changing the oil and filter. Riding is THE pleasure of my life and I want it to shine forever :p

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
A bike is meant to be ridden which will make it dirty. Dirty doesn't affect performance. Cleaning will only take time away from riding.

Posers clean habitually.

I wash it fairly well every 6 months whether it needs it or not.:twofinger

Seriously though, I ride EVERY day and it STAYS dirty. I got over the clean neurosis a long time ago and am better for it. Cleaning just eats the paint away. Dirt is protective.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts