Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Nice way to mess up an SV. Complete :squid:

Link
At least he had his gear on :laughing:

You know, for all the rear tires I've gone through, I've never done a burnout.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Like I said, I've only had a bike for a couple weeks... but it's INCREDIBLE how "oh, you have a bike" is ALWAYS followed by "do a wheelie". Why don't I just ghost ride it down the road for you and we can laugh as I suddenly have a loan for something that doesn't exist anymore... Yeah, they don't say much after that :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
It amazes me how many people think that's an acceptable thing to do on a public road in traffic, and that I bought my bike for their entertainment.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh man... I just laughed out loud. That was insanely funny. :laughing:

that guy in the second vid... I wonder if he will be wearing gear next time. Or maybe just not be stupid the next time?
Apparently a back protector is all you need these days :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of all that, am I the only one who almost feels sick when pulling up next to a bike at a traffic light or whatever and he is not wearing any gear whatsoever, and his better half is riding with him (maybe wearing a helmet). They always look over and give a nod almost like they're superior because they have a chick on the back. Shit, I could easily get my girl to dress down a little and jump on the bike, but I don't really feel like putting her life at risk for the sake of "looking cool."

On the bright side, since I've gotten the Duc those looks of superiority have turned to jealousy. I feel better now.

</rant>

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
On the bright side, since I've gotten the Duc those looks of superiority have turned to jealousy. I feel better now.

Not that I don't understand. It must be nice after all these years of riding a bike so far inferior to Ninjas. :twofinger

Too many times I have seen a guy in flipflops, shorts, T shirt, and no helmet riding two-up with a chick in a miniskirt and tube top... also no helmet. It is completely beyond me what goes through the heads of these people. (If anything at all.) But to answer your question... No, you definitely aren't the only one who feels sick to see that shit.

Last summer I had a guy in shorts and a T shirt that I met riding the other way... he was talking on his cell phone. Not headset or bluetooth... he was holding the phone up to his ear. I was like :jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw the same exact thing a couple years ago, dude was in complete squid uniform right down to the backwards hat talking on he cell phone. I had the same reaction.

Then a couple days ago I saw a guy with his girl on the back, neither one was wearing any gear, except he had on the helmet. Who says chivalry is dead.

ZX6R1033 said:
Blah blah Ninja blah
Bring it on.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Bring it on.

lol, just remember... you are outnumbered here. :D :laughing:

What the hell is everyone doing awake at 6:30am? I mean... I KNOW why I am awake. I haven't been to bed yet. Flying the A-10 under the Golden Gate Bridge is too much fun. Not to mention landing on it. (And I still suck at landing.) And I know why cookee is up... his time is bass ackwards from us. But why is everyone else up?

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That invitation was just for you.

I work @ 7 every morning, so I usually have a cup of coffee and see what I missed here before heading out.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I never pull up next to anyone at a light, unless you're talking separate lanes. Actually I recently was heading back from a trip uptown in the evening and passed a local gas station only to see ~15 bikes and no one was wearing any gear. Lots of two ups too. Naturally I gave them no notice at all and just as I passed they thought it necessary to high rev it out of there.

In hindsight I should've looked in the rearview to see if anyone fell off.

After having been to a track day, speeding on the street is such a letdown :2cents:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It always amuses me how squids seem to think they are cool running around with no gear on. I always have a helmet/jacket/gloves/boots while riding. I admit that I don't wear riding pants very often, because I can't find any that I like since they discontinued the Timax pants. After 2 off-bike excursions, I feel extremely vulnerable riding without the other stuff.

And I can't wait to go to a track day.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts