Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
The teams don't advertise salaries very much. There is also a substantial difference between AMA top guys and WSB...big difference.

The money isn't just in salary though. Particularly in Europe, the product endorsements are substantial.

There are certainly exceptions, but figure the top tier AMA SBK talent is in the low 6 figures and the top WSB is in the mid-high 6 figures. WSB champions may go into millions though, when you add in endorsements.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've heard that Michael Schumacher pulls in somewhere in the neighborhood of $60,000,000 a year between endorsements, appearances and salary.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Untill you make it into the upper echelons of roadracing in this country, you don't really make much cash. A good friend of mine, Eric Haugo holds the #9 plate in AMA Formula Extreme. That's pretty damn good, really. Nobody pays him anything to ride. Another good friend of mine, Vincent Haskovick still holds the record at Laguna (I think) and nobody pays him to ride, either. Even Hooters Suzuki requires you to pay THEM $100,000.00 up front for the season, provide your own bike, room, and board. You also pay your fuel, tires, etc. You're paying for the good exposure. Of course, you get to keep your purse...if you win.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts