Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a 96 F3.....theres only one problem..... its missing some bearings in the front axle... i was wondering about how much this was gonna cost me to get fixed?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
That could ALSO mean steering head brgs as well. Later only avaliable from the dealer, but if you took the front axle brgs to a shop handles lots of brgs then good chance you can obtain these for a much, much lower price. How much I really do not know as Cdn prices are quite different.

If the front brgs are gone I would also check the r/wheel brgs as well.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Well, not sure about this one, but I'll post what I know about my model and maybe the F3 would be the same.

There were some discussions on replacing swing arm, head, and wheel bearings recently in a VF newsgroup, and several people said, "Just pull an example of each, and head to a local bearing distributor/manufacturer, and they'll sell you the matches cheap." I've not heard refutation yet, so I expect that was a great solution.

So, I'd post this possibility to an F3 newsgroup and see what conventional wisdom comes back.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Ummm, can we get a clarification. The axle doesn't have bearings, it is simply a hollow pipe. The front wheel has bearings the axle rides against. The front steering head has bearing sets.

Which do you mean? And how do you know what is wrong with it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts