Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy recently got his tires changed (dunlop 207rr btw) on his f4, but the place he went to change it cost him at least 100 bucks, tire prices, front and back, not included. So is 100 bucks for labor to change tires seem too much or am I the only one?:confused:

·
Registered
515 Posts
WOW....

you need to tell the name of that place...if you wanted to get screwed, you could have bought 2 k&n filters fot that price..

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is way too much for mounting tires. I called a bunch of shops in my area and ended up paying $65 to have tires mounted that I bought on the internet. One shop quoted me $125....HOLY S*&T!!!! They must think they are the only ones who do it. Did your friend buy the tires at the shop and still have to pay that much?? That proce is high no matter what, but he got bent over double time if he bought the tires at the same shop that charged him $100 to mount them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What a rip off... I paid $20 per tire bringing them in loose. They wanted another $20 per tire if I left them on the bike. For the price of a stand which I use for all kinds of other stuff it was well worth it. Be sure to shop around your shops, around here it was $20-$40/per tire.

·
Registered
517 Posts
did the shop make any money on the tires? you didn't get screwed if you got the tires dirt cheap. you gotta look at the TOTAL. one shop in my area will mount tires free, but they charge more for the tires. FREE mounting does not mean you are getting a sweet deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I paid $108.00 for front & rear mounting, on the bike. It was going to be $75.00 off the bike. All the shops in the area were close on price. I got my BT010's from on-line for $179.00/pair, delivered so it wasn't a bad deal.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they gave my buddy 20% off the front tire and 30% off the rear tire...they're a pretty small place, so I duno if they get a dealer discount or something like that

·
Registered
627 Posts
$11.95 if you buy the tire from cycle gear & they do not take the wheel off the bike, you bring it in.
$20.95 if you bring in your own tire from some other place/internet. Again they do not take the wheel off the bike, you bring it in.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
AlwaysNewbie said:
they gave my buddy 20% off the front tire and 30% off the rear tire...they're a pretty small place, so I duno if they get a dealer discount or something like that
He bought the tires from them AND STILL had to pay an additional $100 for them to change them?

Jesus, your friend got SCREWED!

·
Registered
134 Posts
stoinkythepig said:
For less than a hundred bucks he could buy all the tools necessary to change them himself. It's so easy to do...
Right. Tire changing how-to:
http://www.clarity.net/~adam/tire-changing.html

If you are competent to take the wheels off & put them back on learning to do the tires too isn’t hard.

·
Registered
391 Posts
20-40 bucks around here as well. Depends on if you bring in the wheels and if you bought the tire there. Question. What kind of shelf life can you expect from tires? A buddy of mine found a deal on one to fit his Magna, but the guy at the shop said he had had the tire for 4 years! Would that be a problem? Being the careful sort, my buddy let the deal slide. It was about 30 dollars less than normal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts