Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a Y2K R1 and want to get ride of the stock Blue Pipe. I have replaced it with an aftermarket slip on. How much do you guys think I can get for it? And is anyone here interested in it? If not I am going to put it on Ebay. Thanks for you help............Luis from Houston

------------------
You only live once!

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Luis,

Keep the pipe!

#1 You can have it as a spare if you have a boo-boo

#2 Your bike is worth more during a trade-in to the dealer with the stock pipe. (I don't know why, but it's true)

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Robert is right on- keep it and when you sell/trade the bike mount the stock pipe and sell the aftermarket one. If you're stuck on selling it, you might get $100-150 for it.

------------------
Heeeere piggy piggy...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah, keep it. It is one less thing that you will have to shell out for if you happen to take a tumble. Also, the other guys were right on about trading in, or selling your bike. People like to get them with the stock cans on them. You can always offer to sell the slip on with the bike too.

------------------
Rossco.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The gents prior are all correct as far as when you go to sell the bike, you will get more with stock pipe. Now grab your chest, because lets say for arguement sake you dumped your bike & you thought to yourself: I'd like to put my R1 back to stock, but you didn't have that stock pipe that you maybe, just maybe got a couple hundred bucks for. So you walk on up to your friendly counter man @ your friendly Yamaha dealer & tell them to order one of those stock Titanium zorst for your bike. How much will it set you back? What was that... is that your final answer? Wrong! To you my good man it will be: $1,088.79 for the muffler assembly. Or around $900.00 for just the can alone.

Keep it! You'll be glad you did.

Cheers

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts