Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good price for a used bike? i have been riding my brothers sv650 for bout a year now and want to get somthing of my own.i rode a honda f4i for about 2 months now since iv been back home from college.im looking into geting a gixxer 600 or 750.what is a decent price for me to pay ofr these bikes.im thinkin in the range of the 02-03 range.iv looked in cycle trader for my area and alot of the peopel seling are askin kinda high IMO.especially the 1ks (not planing on gettin one just noticed the prices)i think iv seen a couple 750's in the 7g range and a couple 6's in the 6 range.is this a good price or should i look for a 750 in the low 6 range and a 600 in the high 5g range?when is a good time to buy also.im not looking to buy now b/c its summer and alot of peopel are trying to get one.im thinkin of waiting till jan 05 so another year has past and bikes have depreciated a lil more.is this smart or wil it not matter if i wait till then or try to get one sooner?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Last year I bought my '99 F4(found it in cycle trader) for $5,000. He was asking $5500 for it, but I haggled him down. This bike was in great condition, except for a ding here and there. It only had 6000 miles on it, and I haven't had a problem with it since I've had it, which has been about a year and a half.

A good 600cc bike around the '99-'01 range, expect to see a lot of bikes within the $4500-$5500 range, give or take a few hundred IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts