Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to be liscenced this weekend. So sometime in the next few weeks I shall be getting my new ninja zx-6 (not the R ;))

my xtion is how long into the fall/winter do you ride personally? Anyone from MD feel free to jump in to... Should i get the bike soon (kawai has a 0 down 0% interest for 12 mnths deal goin on), or should i suck it up and wait until spring?:( lookin for input. Realistically how much longer is there good riding before parkas and long johns are needed?

thanx:thumb:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I stop riding when the temperatures go below 50 degrees. I can handle 40 or so on short trips, but the extra clothing makes it hard to really move around...Last year I rode up until November...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good deal... so would you, in my shoes, get the bike soon or wait until spring when i can enjoy the entire summer?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I ride allllllll yeeeeeeeear looooooooong! :p :D ;)

You MuST have known us WestCoasters would have to chime in :p

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Like wedge I ride till the snow starts to arrive.
Still this is a better time to get a good buy on a new or used bike. Up to you if you want to license & insure it for riding, but every day is important to me when it comes to owning & riding m/cs.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Allow me to add ------

-----that this is the start of the better riding season, what with cooler days, & in a while there will be less tourists so this comes to better m/c riding season, BUT one must learn how to dress properly for the change in the temperture during the Sept & Oct months.
I often find I must dress up warmer in the early morning, but come mid-afternoon I am pealing off more or opening up gear when I ride or stop at a shop, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HondaNut! said:

yea yea u t-shirt all year wearin orange co. boys:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I plan on riding until November. The past couple of winters in Baltimore have been pretty warm so I might make it year round.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Buy now and enjoy. I ride as long as the roads are clear and the temp is above 20F.

We get all kinds of winter weather in New Mexico. Cold & snowy in the mountains or warm & dry down on the flats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My friend rides her CBR F4i with a snowmobile suit if there is no snow on the road..she rides as soon as the roads are clear...till snow comes.
:)

She does 15-20kilometers a year!!:eek:

She's dedicated..
:D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Depends, some times all year, others may not in Late December & January in the lowlands. The mountains get snowy in December thru Marc on a regular basis but usually clear off for rides. Key is No Salt!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ride till the snow stops me, then the bike stays inside until the spring rains come. From Oct. thru Jan., I've found, is the best time to buy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
bdeyo said:
I ride till the snow stops me, then the bike stays inside until the spring rains come. From Oct. thru Jan., I've found, is the best time to buy.
Do you think I should get a bike at these times too?? It would be very cold and snowy here.. I thought maybe taking the fairings off and finding a way to put my bike in my appartment (i live on the second floor!
;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Deus said:

Do you I thought maybe taking the fairings off and finding a way to put my bike in my appartment (i live on the second floor!
;)
leave everything on, just clean it up real nice and roll it behind the couch:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
wedge said:

leave everything on, just clean it up real nice and roll it behind the couch:D
I talked about taking the fairings off because my friends said it would be easier to push it up the stairs that way
;)

As for behind the couch, I said that to the gf and she just said :" sure, honey" with that "ok...I need to find another bf, this one is crazy.." look!
;)

So I'll just put it in my ofice and caress it all winter..
:D

·
Registered
627 Posts
HondaNut! said:

Exactly right. For all the weather bound riders who can't ride all year long............I feel your pain:p

BOT.....buy the bike even if there is only a little bit of time left. The memories will keep you warm through the winter. Plus those of us in sunny CA can post pics of us riding ALL YEAR LONG just so ya don't forget:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts