Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
I have State Farm with about 9 years with them, two cars, and renters insurance and I was paying about $40/month on a 2000 F4 and I think it was about $60/month on a 2002 XX. I don't think they do bike only policies though. You'd probably have to start a car policy and then add the bike.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I pay $340 per year for full coverage on my 9 and liablility only on my DRZ with State Farm. SF does require a car policy to write a bike one. Some guys I know have found it cheaper to buy a POS car for <500 and carry liablity insurance on it to get a cheap rate with SF.

Can't help ya with bike only policy.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Um, we got public insurance here. $65 a month, full coverage but $700 deductible.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
$114.30 per YEAR!!! :twofinger

'Course there's no collision b/c the value of the bike is so low, but I'm betting no one will be able to beat that price. It's Farm Bureau in Indiana, and we do have two cars and a house on it too, but I don't think there's any benefit for the bike policy.

Age and engine size sure make a difference!:cool:

·
Registered
492 Posts
kanwisch said:
$114.30 per YEAR!!! :twofinger

I'm betting no one will be able to beat that price.
My DRZ400S costs $44 a year for liability only. Sure it's 100cc less but it's still cheaper. :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
231 Posts
too much...

Rider Insurance Agency

NJ (says it all)

Full Cov.

$950

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
No use putting down money for I do not know what the prices are now, for you see in BC Cdn we can buy for 3 months or more.
Still I know my 600 costs quite a bit more then my 4X4 truck & the 900 will even be more & that is just Liability, Fire & Thieft on all three.
I have a clean driving record & so 40% off part-way down the grand total.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Liability only, four bikes 650cc to 1200cc, over 40 clean record, California, $113.00 yr. That's one-hundred thirteen dollars.
GMAC insurance/Rider Club 1-800-325-1190. You're welcome.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was 16 and got a 99 f4 (it was through my dads name though) insured through state farm for $130.00 a year(minimum coverage of course). We have NO OTHER insurance policies with state farm except the f4. So either you's are wrong about having to have another policie or i slipped through the system:D. Or maybe its different here in PA:confused:

·
Registered
127 Posts
HalfChuck said:
Yeah, I checked progressive, it's about 120, basic liability.
Yeah progressive told me 8,000 bucks a year (more coverage) for me on my own insurance policy! So after hearing state farms quote of 130 a year i couldn't believe it. I think these big insurace companies are full of sh**. Nation wide told me they wouldn't cover me cause my bike would do 0-60 in the 1 second range:confused: BS! I say stick to the smaller companies like state farm and dairyland.:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cbr4rusty said:
Yeah progressive told me 8,000 bucks a year (more coverage) for me on my own insurance policy!
That was probably with 500,000 medical coverage and full theft/damage coverage.

I'm talking basic 10,000 medical coverage only.

·
Registered
45 Posts
cbr4rusty said:
I was 16 and got a 99 f4 (it was through my dads name though) insured through state farm for $130.00 a year(minimum coverage of course). We have NO OTHER insurance policies with state farm except the f4. So either you's are wrong about having to have another policie or i slipped through the system:D. Or maybe its different here in PA:confused:
I inquired about insurance on sport bikes here in NC to State Farm, and they told me I had to have a normal policy w/ a cage for like 6 months or a year or something before they would recognize a bike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts