Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 cbr 600 that I am wanting to sale. I really don't know what to ask because of mileage and the title. The bike is in great to excellent condition. It has 23000 miles on it, and has a salvaged title. I bought the bike with the salvaged title. I paid 4700 for it when it had 12000 on it a year ago. I have had no problems with it. I knew that it had 96 plastic on it, so I know it had been laid down, and proably totalled out because of the 96 plastic on a 97 chassis. I have had it tore down to nothing. The frame and chassis are perfect, but I am afraid I won't be able to get rid of it because of the title. I bought it because it looked perfect and drove awesome. How do you guys generally feel about salvaged titles. I simply want to sell it fast to get a 4 wheeler, and I am going to buy another bike (929) soon.

Enclosed is a picture. Do you think $3700 is a fair price?????

Thanks,

·
Registered
426 Posts
$3700 is a tad high with a salvage title for a 97 with 23 grand on it, even with no damage. Getting rid of that salvage title is alot of paperwork, time and money. (I know) but I wouldn't sell it for any less that $3000 so think between $3100 and $3500.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
OK. Don't listen to me. I need a vacation...

I missed the salvaged part. DOH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts