Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me lads. I broke my cardinal rule about riding other twats bikes and through a leg over Chumleys bucket of bolts the other day .......

And I can't stop thinking about it. What a pile of shite it is. Still, I would like one.

So how? ....

To be used primarily on the track but would also have to have the basics for road use .......

Anyone know of a cheap as custard pile of shite out there .....

No need for original fairing etc, any pile of poo would do ... so long as it has lights etc to get through the process of being fit for road use here in S'pore.

What sort of money would I be looking at ??...... ex race bikes that have been thrashed stupid are more than acceptable ...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Are you mad ?

Even a brand new one is about as reliable as one of my cheques:twofinger
And it wouldnt pull you out of bed either:twofinger

If your looking for a Duc as a decent track bike you would need to be going for a 996 and above or a very trick 916 like Simon's

At the bargain basment level you would be looking at somthing like Ian Morrisons old bike which was a nail before it got run over:eek:

Unfinished project in a cardboard box will probaly set you back about 15k.

If your serious talk to Wilson about it.

Why ?????????????

Go get a nice R6 race bike and be done with it :thumb:

·
Registered
175 Posts
What the fark is wrong with yer 02 Yamaha Race Spec with laminated decals, 0.5 more pony power, etc. R1? The one you have been raving on about many hundred threads ago.... lost its fancy on ya eh?

The Duc ain't gonna make ya a better racer.... might just make you look better on photos...

Look at me... running around on a 400cc and still tying to outdo the machine... :crying:

Why don't ya wait for the upcoming 03 models like the CBR600 or ZX6 or even the 03 R6..not forgetting the GSXR1000?

Hmm..all this advice from a cant who can't even ride to get to Desaru and back in one piece....:crying: :crying:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Are you mad ?

Tug said:
If your serious talk to Wilson about it.

Why ?????????????

Go get a nice R6 race bike and be done with it :thumb:

I know bro ... I am farkin loosing it !! .....

But I still can't get the bloody noise out of my mind while tootling round the car park.... it really sounded the bollocks .......

I don't plan on getting rid of the R though .... so if I did score one ... what to do with the R .... and justifying two bikes is bloody hard, unless one is for the road and general transport and the other is for stuffing into gravel strewn corners with GAY abondon ....

Fark I'm a cannt ..... I could always save the dosh (which I DON'T have anyway) ... and buy a big fark off pipe from Joe for the R and simply make it sound the nuts ....

Nope ...... in hindsight, I would have to get ride of the R .... owning two bikes is too much ...

Tugstar .... who'd wilson ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Re: Re: Are you mad ?

Legend said:
and justifying two bikes is bloody hard, unless one is for the road and general transport and the other is for stuffing into gravel strewn corners with GAY abondon ....

Sounds like BC to me.....;)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Legend said:
And I can't stop thinking about it. What a pile of shite it is. Still, I would like one.
Yeah a raced thrashed and crashed italian twin is just what you need... do you have any idea what this piece of shite would cost you to go half as fast as that Arrr1 you already have??? :rolleyes:

I've heard a few half witted idea's lately (mostly from Tug) but this one takes the cake Ledge.

(apologies in advance for any poor bastid that owns, has owned, has even vaguely thought about owning one)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: Re: Are you mad ?

Legend said:
I know bro ... I am farkin loosing it !! .....

But I still can't get the bloody noise out of my mind while tootling round the car park.... it really sounded the bollocks .......

Tugstar .... who'd wilson ?
Wilson is the Minerva service manager, he could hook you up with some desperado who wants to get his life back and sell his Duc:twofinger

If money was no object Id have one as well, the last of the 998R's would just about do.

I used to love the sound too but as a I mature and mellow (go deaf) I prefer the sound of a screaming four howling down the straight sounding like stuka dive bomber:drool: Stick an Akra on the R1:thumb:

What about an MV if your looking for tunes the MV has the nicest around and Wilson is selling his.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need a home !!!

Tug said:
What about an MV if your looking for tunes the MV has the nicest around and Wilson is selling his.
Mmmm ..... I have been looking at pics lately .... of just such a lovely .....

Any ideas how much he is asking .... I've seen it in his shop ... lovely ..... now THIS could be the go .... trade in the R ... MV my way to work and back and MV myself round the track in style ..... and never need to try and go any faster ... just look cooler :cool: :cool:

Funny .... I've never heard one of these things ..... comments anyone .... sound thumpy like a duke ??

Yo .. Gixer Davo ... yer a carnt ;)

Or ....... trade in the R and go for one of these .....

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: I need a home !!!

Legend said:
Mmmm ..... I have been looking at pics lately .... of just such a lovely .....

Funny .... I've never heard one of these things ..... comments anyone .... sound thumpy like a duke ??

Yo .. Gixer Davo ... yer a carnt ;)

Or ....... trade in the R and go for one of these .....
I dont want to know what sort of pics you have been spurting yer muck over :D

The MV sounds a close to an F1 car as you can get, lurvley:drool:

Dont know about practical every day transport but Simon did ride it back from Puket once:eek:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: You can't be serious!

yellow peril said:
Legend, I can't (and don't) believe all this shit you're talking. I bet you're just having us on (like you did with Harry's race version R1).
hahaha ..... bro .. I wish it was so .. but I honestly have caught the bug ....

Give Chumley a call if you don't believe me ... he was just on the phone giving me shite as I cried into the phone about how lovely his pile of shite is .......

Tug ..... any ideas how much the MV is going for ??

·
Registered
642 Posts
Give Geoff Blundell a call and ask him if he wants to sell his 916 .....

Its just had an extensive re-build and I know he's had his eye on an SPS for a while.

I might have his number if you need it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
A thumping Vee Twin is calling you!!

You know it makes sense....

·
Registered
726 Posts
Come on DD... Back me up bro!!

C'mon Ledge... You know it makes sense

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Legend Legend

where will it all end!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon Wilson sold the MV. I rode it for a week. The sound was sex on wheels. Sounded like a ferrari away from the lights. I did a Porsche on buckit tima fromm a stand still and he was gutted. So much so that he gave me the thumbs up at the next set of lights.

Why didn't you think earlier. I just sold a great 916 to Harry to get yer old legend R1 ya wanka. With new clutch and fully serviced for 12 G's
Great bike and fast and reliable.( a very rare commodity in italian land) plus got a few trick bits.
Dont go anywhere near anything modified...they're a bag of nails.

I know the bug your feelin. It took me 5 years to get rid of and i still think them there Ducs have somethin

Cheers

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
There is a message in here some where

Fact 1: Legend wants a Duc
Fact 2: Big Phil sold a better than average, better than it was when it was built Duc to buy Legends old R1.
Fact 3: Legend has a new 2003 R1 (the bike to be on this year).

Add all of these facts together, divide by the number of bottles of wine that we drank on Saturday night (14) multiply by the number of asprins we consumend on Sunday and you will be left with 4.

Fact 4: Legend is an arse:twofinger

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: There is a message in here some where

Tug said:
Fact 1: Legend wants a Duc
Fact 2: Big Phil sold a better than average, better than it was when it was built Duc to buy Legends old R1.
Fact 3: Legend has a new 2003 R1 (the bike to be on this year).

Add all of these facts together, divide by the number of bottles of wine that we drank on Saturday night (14) multiply by the number of asprins we consumend on Sunday and you will be left with 4.

Fact 4: Legend is an arse:twofinger
Ummm .... yup ... that would be true :twofinger

Was it REALLY 14 ??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts