Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hw much does everyone pay for insurance??? around here, they go by the weight of the bike, cc's dont matter at all... Im paing 144 a year for my cbr900rr, but its also winter for 8 months...

·
Registered
27 Posts
$300 a year (full year), no coverage to the bike, just liability.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Way to much!!!

I pay way too much. $1,258 per year....Thye said it was because I'm 22 and that I would pay around $300 a year when i turned 25. What's crazy is, what I'm paying now is with a discount for being married, being an AMA, proper endorsement and an MSF....I can't imagine what it would be without those discounts!! :eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
$1300/year full coverage, no discounts, 250 deductable probably has something to do with the fact that I am only 21. Its Progressive by the way...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Under $200 a year with storage time. That is only liability. If I were to go full coverage I got a few quotes that were a few thousand. Crazy or what. Hey Gmax where do you go for your insurance. I heard that farmers insurance is cheap for bikes. I didn't look into it yet, I was waiting for this term to run out before looking. I like to procrastinate. If anyone looks let me know.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was paying $868/year with Progressive for full coverage with a $500 deductible. Yesterday I switched to USAA who got me in for about $330/year for better coverage. I'm also married, 31, and two cars on the policy. Now I can spend the money I save on the bike like I'm supposed to.

·
Registered
425 Posts
insurance?

I paid $964.00 for 7 months,full coverage,declared value-$9,000,I`m 38,single, no accidents or tickets in last 15 years.Thats what you get with government run insurance.The good thing(if there is one)is that they HAVE to provide insurance for you,if you keep having accidents or tickets,then you just pay more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts