Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a huge differance in HP+ between slip ons and full exhausts?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Maybe yes, maybe no. It depends on who makes the slip on, who makes the full system, and whether or not you rejet/remap properly.

G

·
Also depends on the OEM exhaust headers. The current breed of sportbikes have exhaust headers designed for top-notch performance; it's the can that is used to bring things to within the parameters set by governing bodies like the EPA.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Pete said:
Also depends on the OEM exhaust headers. The current breed of sportbikes have exhaust headers designed for top-notch performance; it's the can that is used to bring things to within the parameters set by governing bodies like the EPA.
What Pete said and Rossco929.

New bikes = not much performance gain for full vs slip-on

Older bikes = varying differences.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Your ZX-6R's headers are probably fine. But it was a different story on the XX. Instead of calling the stock system a 4-into-1-into-2 they should call it a 4-into-campbell's soup can-into-2. Seriously!! The collector that the headers dumped into looked like a squashed soup can sitting sideways not lenghtways with four pipes coming in one side and two coming out the other. I'm sure that's real good for efficient gas flow. Switching to an Akra 4-into-1 and rejetting netted 12HP. Bash those numbers and I'll post the dyno printout to prove it!:D:D And no, I didn't need the extra power. I did it because I like the way it looks and I like the way it sounds. Now before the "poser" flames begin, take note that the emphasis is "I" like it. I did it for me. Not to impress anybody else!!:rolleyes::p Geez, that's a lot to say just to avoid flames, which will no doubt still happen. Well I say, bring it on.:D

Oh a slip on will probably get you within a couple HP of a full system on the newer bikes. Hell, you can vary that much with the air temperature difference between morning and afternoon.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Birdman said:
Your ZX-6R's headers are probably fine. But it was a different story on the XX. Instead of calling the stock system a 4-into-1-into-2 they should call it a 4-into-campbell's soup can-into-2. Seriously!! The collector that the headers dumped into looked like a squashed soup can sitting sideways not lenghtways with four pipes coming in one side and two coming out the other. I'm sure that's real good for efficient gas flow. Switching to an Akra 4-into-1 and rejetting netted 12HP. Bash those numbers and I'll post the dyno printout to prove it!:D:D And no, I didn't need the extra power. I did it because I like the way it looks and I like the way it sounds. Now before the "poser" flames begin, take note that the emphasis is "I" like it. I did it for me. Not to impress anybody else!!:rolleyes::p Geez, that's a lot to say just to avoid flames, which will no doubt still happen. Well I say, bring it on.:D

Oh a slip on will probably get you within a couple HP of a full system on the newer bikes. Hell, you can vary that much with the air temperature difference between morning and afternoon.

POSER!! :D:D Sorry I had to. I've been taking alot of poser heat lately and felt I should spread it around. ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
No apology necessary John. I expected someone would jump on it even though I tried to cover it up :D:D:eek:. I also figured that if I had to guess who the first one would be........:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts