Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I had similar experiences with dealers in both Indiana and California. Any trip to the dealer for service resulted in between $80-$100. That is why from now on I'll buy the service manual and do it myself if I can.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spicersh said:
I had similar experiences with dealers in both Indiana and California. Any trip to the dealer for service resulted in between $80-$100. That is why from now on I'll buy the service manual and do it myself if I can.
I did on my 87 600R but do not want to mess with this bike till the warranty is up. By the way nice to see some IN boys on here I will be back in Indianapolis in July, may be looking for some rides, do not know how much time I will have for riding.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
We're about an hour outside of Indianapolis, and the only bike we have left right now is a Buell Blast that is stored about 120 miles from us. It should be heading this way sometime this summer though. I just don't have the motivation to go get it as it is a total dog to ride. This whole not having a fun bike crap sucks....:(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spicersh said:
We're about an hour outside of Indianapolis, and the only bike we have left right now is a Buell Blast that is stored about 120 miles from us. It should be heading this way sometime this summer though. I just don't have the motivation to go get it as it is a total dog to ride. This whole not having a fun bike crap sucks....:(
Sucks about the bike. I will mostly be in Anderson and West Lebanon. I am from Anderson area and my kids live in the West Lebanon area.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Service has routinely cost me $100 for basic service (LOF and milage safety checks). I think that is about the standard and why most people do the basics themselves.

Good point of reference though - if you have to go in for anything serious, you get an idea of how expensive it can be to pay someone. I'm hoping to eliminate service as much as I can.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Agreed on the self-service. But I'd guess that many riders live out of apartments, making the environment not very amenable to do-it-yourselfers. This was the case for me at one time, but now I do EVERYTHING myself.

Finishing up valve clearances tonight I hope :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts