Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to sell my bike, and i wanted to get some opinions regarding how much to ask for...

it's a 2000 CBR F4, silver/red, with 4200 miles. it also has a Jardine aluminum slip-on.

i paid $9100 out the door in May (incl. tax, dealer prep, license, etc).

what's a reasonable price to ask for? i dont want to lose too much.

thanks!

------------------

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Check kbb.com to get the "book" value. Then, go to traderonline.com and search for 2000 F4's for sale to get an idea what people are asking. Unless you find a sucker (they're out there) you WILL lose your ass on a bike that new.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
47 Posts
9100??? jeez dude you got porked at the dealer. I got my VFR for 8700 after taxes and everything. MSRP on the 2000 F4 was only 7,899. It's a terrible thing when you want something really bad and they know it.

Luke

------------------

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Luke just cheered you right up, eh? Don't feel bad, at $8700 he got porked too and doesn't seem to realize it. At least you got the better bike!

------------------
Heeeere piggy piggy...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like everything else in the SF bay area, PRICES ARE INFLATED. FYI, most dealers wanted at least 9300. how about the R6? forget it, dealers dont budge under 9500.

dont think im a idiot - call some dealers around here and find out for yourself.

---im selling it to save up for a down on a house ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troublemaker400:
9100??? jeez dude you got porked at the dealer. I got my VFR for 8700 after taxes and everything. MSRP on the 2000 F4 was only 7,899. It's a terrible thing when you want something really bad and they know it.

Luke

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

[This message has been edited by Da Rookie (edited September 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Man, you'll definently be losing some dough over this one. Should have done what Pete did and got a leftover Superhawk. He'll be sitting pretty when he sells it for the 2K+1 F4. The sooner you put it for sale the better though, before long everyone will think they need the newest F4 and the price of yours will go down even more. I know it sucks, but...yeah it just sucks.

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
when he sells it for the 2K+1 F4.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez, just when I thought the ribbin' had slowed down. :p

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
79 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tristan:
Luke just cheered you right up, eh? Don't feel bad, at $8700 he got porked too and doesn't seem to realize it. At least you got the better bike!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure about that?? :)

Ian

------------------
'00 VFR 800

TBR CF High Side Exhaust

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i'll give you $1500 for it. i think that's fair :p

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Oh you guys are rough! :)

Hey Rookie, you really should keep the darn F4, go to track school and buy some bolt-ons to make it feel new again. Its a Great bike that can handle ANYTHING you can throw at it... Well... except for too much front brake while at an angle.. :rolleyes: :sad:

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Why do you want a house? Just live out of you bike down by the river. Or Bay as it may be.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts