Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from an awesome trip from the Smashdown group from the Gap. On one of the days of riding, we had a group of 13 riders and there were 5 women all on sport bikes! It was great to see that many women riders! I loved it!! That was by far the most women riders I've been with at one time, let alone even seeing that many out riding at any given time! Let's go girls!!!

------------------
Connie
The curvier the better!

G

·
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 2 !!!! Ya Baby! I put the grrr in swinger!!

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry John, maybe the next topic will be more to your liking....I think the women riders want to be the ones in control on the bike, and not just hanging on the back. Although we all do enjoy being lazy every now and then!

------------------
Connie
The curvier the better!

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I've ridden with several different women
riders from time to time but only 1 at a time.
Women sportbike riders are few and far between
here in this part of PA. I'm still waiting
for the girl who blows by me and hits my
kill switch.

Chris :p :cool: :p

------------------
It's hard to be humble when your great.

[This message has been edited by chris_y2k_r1 (edited September 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NinjaGal:
Sorry John, maybe the next topic will be more to your liking....I think the women riders want to be the ones in control on the bike, and not just hanging on the back. Although we all do enjoy being lazy every now and then!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

O there in control alright....My butt hurts, I need to go to the bathroom, I'm tired, pull over so I can stretch my legs, are we there yet, slow down, speed up...blah blah blah. Thank God I don't have a Chatter Box--I might have heard her :D :D :D

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

G

·
Get her the Vibe Rider!! :D :D

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Damn, I almost forgot about that thing Squid. Did you ever get one of the ladies to try it? Sounds like a winner. :D

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
O there in control alright....My butt hurts, I need to go to the bathroom, I'm tired, pull over so I can stretch my legs, are we there yet, slow down, speed up...blah blah blah. Thank God I don't have a Chatter Box--I might have heard her :D :D :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ladies,(Amy, Connie, Laura & Stacia) I'll take this one. ;) They did not complain about any of that stuff. They were all as gung ho about riding all day as Tristan. :cool:

The funny thing is, the stuff you mentioned sounded just like a certain individual, uh hum, riding an RC-51. :rolleyes: :p And all of the ladies had Chatterboxes. :)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
367 Posts
Rug Burn,

That is all I hear from my Chatterbox - oops! I mean wife :D :D :D

Let's go ride next weekend with the Chatterboxes :) Is Sept.30 good for you? I need to get that new tire scuffed some more.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When we go out for a ride with our group in the Sandia Mountains east of Albuquerque, there are often 7 women riding sportbikes. It's a fun group and although we don't always have the same number of riders, there's almost always at least 3 of us.

If you're ever in Albuquerque, come join us in the East Mountains....

------------------
Judy
"it's made for the roads that lead to Rome"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Judy,

I'm glad to hear you have such a great group to ride with! I wish I knew even half that number of women riders out by me! Send some out here!

Ride safe!!

------------------
Connie
The curvier the better!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dear RCJohn,

I meant to thank you for sticking up for us girls on your last post here, we do appreciate it!

I know some pretty girly men out there that couldn't handle riding over 1500 miles like I did in 7 days....so there!! :p

------------------
Connie
The curvier the better!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey NinjaGal, I was just messing around...I'm just glad she enjoys riding with me occasionally(and 9 times outta 10, when she's ready for a break, so am I).

------------------

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NinjaGal:
Hey Judy,

I'm glad to hear you have such a great group to ride with! I wish I knew even half that number of women riders out by me! Send some out here!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would it help if someone rode with a wig, push-up bra, and RCjohns thong to get that feeling?

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672

·
Registered
19 Posts
NinjaGal....

We do have a good group of women sportbike riders. Of them, 2 are beginners, one is an motorcycle safety course intructor, and the rest of us have been at it for 4 years or more experience.

I've been wanting to travel from NM to NC in the next year.... Maybe I'll give you a shout on the trip thru.

------------------
Judy
"it's made for the roads that lead to Rome"

·
Registered
549 Posts
Like Connie said, it was really neat riding with all us girls. And yes, RCJohn was the biggest whiner in the group. :rolleyes: ;) I distinctly remember his wife saying something to the effect of, "I'm not the one who bought a bike that was too uncomfortable to ride" when she wanted to go on a ride and he didn't. We had some excellent riders on the trip and almost half of them were women! :D

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
94 Posts
i'd have to say that's the most girls i've ridden with as well. and i was surprised that the landowner's wife (i can't remember her name now) was riding an SV. last i heard, she was on a cruiser. it was great we all got along though. i think like the rest of ya's, i normally don't get along with other girls very much. thank gawd for the motorcycle thing to tie us all together. and i think we were riding fast enough for the boys. heh heh heh. if only i had an R1. eh john? maybe, just maybe i could keep up with trist. naaahh. probably not.

------------------
Amy
"Smiling from gear to gear."

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by radianrider:
and i think we were riding fast enough for the boys. heh heh heh. if only i had an R1. eh john? maybe, just maybe i could keep up with trist. naaahh. probably not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not an R1... maybe a 929. R1s are too slow in the curves. :D :p

In your situation, I would say that a different bike would definitely help. R6 or 6R would do the trick. They just would be as comfortable and no place for the antenna and shark. :)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts