Sportbike World banner

How many tickets on a bike

• None, I hate paying the salaries of the guys writing the tickets.

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • 1, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • 2-5, I have very little self control

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • 5-10, it's my way of keeping the economy going

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • If the # of tickets I've gotten is any indication, I should purchase lots of life insurance.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, here's a poll on the number of tickets ya'll have gotten on your bike.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
One year I got like 3 different tickets AND the bike got impounded. One of the tickets was a big one. :( Does a drag racing spectator ticket count? lol

Jen

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Only one so far. 74 in a 45, but I've talked my way outta several others. It really pays to be curtious to the cop, and "The wind from that truck I just passed was buffeting me all over the place." excuse has worked a couple of times.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
That's cuz Harleys still don't go fast enough to break the speed limit.....even going downhill....lol

*just kidding* ;)

Jen

·
Registered
577 Posts
five total; two in 1986 and three between 1999 and 2002. Four tickets from the friendly personable California Highway Patrol and one from a Los Angeles County Deputy Sheriff.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had too many to count, but I was young dumb and thought I was invisable(really only stupid, and showing off for everyone).
Now after I've been riding for over 10years on the street, and points pretty much quit when I went to the track in 97-98, and I've learned alot of lessons, not to mention, the inner workings of Courts, Cops(how to talk and respect them), Attorny's(fu(king scammers too), and finally how to support the state, and any insurnace company I had in the past.
Just an FYI(no I'm not bragging) I had 32 points at one time....on my record, not proud, but glad I didn't kill myself, and glad alot of the cops were cool and let me roll out of about 30+ more points, so hopefully someone else can learn from my stupidity, and I always talk to newbies about doing the right this, because the life you save might be yours:2cents:

·
Registered
157 Posts
luckily i never had any ticket on my bike but the funny thing is my dad got 2....2! wreckless driving tickets on MY bike! (for doing wheelies) the first time they didnt take him to jail but they did the 2nd time and I was the one who had to figure out how to get the $450 2gether and get my bike out of impound....talk about being pissed :mad: so i was being stupid b/c i was mad and sold my bike....:( with a baby on the way now im sure it will be a while b4 i get another one if i do.....

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Almost got done this morning, on my way to work. Picture this:

It's 4:15am. I'm coming down an on-ramp onto the freeway. (For those who might remember, it was the one that I had my little altercation with the cage on.) I'm clicking up through the gears, giving it a fair bit of stick, when I spotted a non-descript, white four-wheel-drive parked in the breakdown lane.

"WHOA, BOY, PULL IT UP, PULL IT UP!!!"

Got back down to 100km/h (60mph) just before I reached it, luckily.

Yep, speed camera. Bastards. :finger:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got 4 in one shot last sept...

speeding (5 times legal limit)
Failure to provide registration/Invalid Plate....
No Insurance...
and my license had expired 20 mins before they pulled me so No License...

all in all would have been about 9000 CAN in charges... with a lawyer it cost me about 2000....

so I did pretty good..

of course the bike got impounded but that was only one night...

other than that I got 2 speeding tickets last year with it...

hahaha:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts