Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all, riding season is here, or pretty damn close.

How many miles do you plan on putting on your bike?

I plan on putting a few thousand at least! :D

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I'm going to be commuting for over an hour every day to work, one way. So I imagine I'll get quite alot.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
From May or Jun - Oct I have been averaging about 7 - 8 thousand .. and hope to do the same again if not more this year :thumb: I put most of my miles on my weekend rides with Redline cause they are 2.5 hrs south of me and I usually put on at least 300 - 400 miles on a short day of riding with them... my work miles are only 30 miles round trip from home.. and I ride any time it's not raining in the morning or when I don't have to dress up nice cause of a meeting :p

E.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Already rolled 5000 this season… Bad knee and all…

Wait… my season never ends… sorry:twofinger :twofinger :eyebrows: :burnout:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Just playing averages, I'll see a pretty typical 20-25,000.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
It's been cold here for a week. Summer will never come.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Not sure as of yet. If we had either of our old bikes back I was averaging about 2500 miles per month. It'll probably be less than 1000 for the whole summer now though as all we have is the Buell Blast. Who knows, maybe I'll give it another chance and ride it. It just has no balls when you're used to an XX. :(

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
my goal for this year is about 7000 but realistically will prolly be closer to 4500.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had my first good ride of the season yesterday, it was only about 60 miles, but it felt great. I was faster then usual, alot of twisties, I even managed to widen the wear pattern on the tires, so I guess I got it lower too.

I'M NOT OUT THERE BEING A SQUID EITHER. :D

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Jester said:
I had my first good ride of the season yesterday, it was only about 60 miles, but it felt great. I was faster then usual, alot of twisties, I even managed to widen the wear pattern on the tires, so I guess I got it lower too.

I'M NOT OUT THERE BEING A SQUID EITHER. :D
do ya need a wipey after that stroken of the ego ;)

E.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I average about six to seven thousand miles a season. So my goal is to reach eight thousand...we shall see.:D

I hate when damn work gets in the way of riding. I shoulda been a teacher.:twofinger

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
DocThee said:
I shoulda been a teacher.:twofinger
no shit - Karen's got it made :thumb:

I feel a vassar ride coming on the weekend after my track days 17 & 18th :eyebrows: got my 929 prepped and ready to go yesterday boy oh boy was it nice to hear her rev again :drool: Judi and I'll will be going out this Sat (if it dont' rain) for a spin on the back roads around here to get a few miles on the track bikes before Grattan :burnout: you gonna put some Grattan miles on that duc Anthony :eyebrows:

E.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Depends, but I could easily top 15,000 miles this year. Have 3 trips planned, one of which takes me to the west coast for 3 weeks :D ........bring on August :p The other two are "local"..... destination is less than 700 miles :twofinger

·
Registered
7 Posts
How many miles

I got my FJR on 25Th October and I now have 9534 miles. I was not able to ride every day during the winter. I rode in temps as low as 18 degrees but when we finally got some moisture to go with cold I went to the cage.

I took my FJR to FLa for 2 week vacation.

I have ridden everyday since the vacation ended March 28.

I have 160 mile round trip commute so the miles rack up fast for me.

Ahhh but what a delight to desend out of the pass and look out over the Tularosa Basin at night with a full moon lighting it up. I love it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts