Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the average time is until you are not really a "new rider"? In terms of either miles or time on the road.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
When below your name, it reads "Senior Member." lol. But seriously, you'll know, especially after some track days (which will get you there quicker), etc. And if you ever fall off, being able to analyze and learn from it is another sign.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well great reasons presented here... Heres a few more that ummm... a friend of mine told me. :D

Have you ever road away with the kick stand down?
Have you ever parked and dismounted with your kickstand up?
Have you ever fueled up only to find you filled your tank and then some?
Have you been able talk "bikes" with seasoned riders?
Do you know where to take your bike for service?
Im sure there are PLENTY more reasons of what somone who has miles under their belt can tell you. These are just a few things I did, I mean a friend of mine did. And it was all last week can you belive it...Dumbass!:twofinger

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
When the next guy comes along.. Then he is the "new rider"....

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
This is like a story I heard when I was taking Karate... a guy came in asking about lessons.. about 5 minutes into it, he asked the sensai "how long until I am a black belt?" with which the sensai responded by pulling a black belt out of the cabinet, handing it to the guy and saying " you are now a black belt. Come back if you want the training."

I guess the point is... do you really care when you are a new rider and when you are not... or do you only care that you are a rider? When you get to the point that you no longer care if you are new or not, and go riding simply for the ride... you will no longer be a new rider. Forget about the silly terms.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
It wasn't until I borrowed an R6 and had no real issues/fright/concern dealing with its capabilities that I recognized I was at a significantly different level than I started.

Eye of the beholder, IMO. I define my level by my comfort and skills relative to what I use the bike for.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Z_Fanatic said:
When below your name, it reads "Senior Member." lol. But seriously, you'll know, especially after some track days (which will get you there quicker), etc. And if you ever fall off, being able to analyze and learn from it is another sign.
WTF, Mine says senior member and I am still a noob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts