Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its no feat opening your bike in a straight line.. But I am sure everyone has done it just to see where it goes..

I've taken my 929 to just about 170MPH.. For me at least, the helmet was pushing on my nose and I had difficulty breathing, but maybe that because it was in a slight down grade..

Whats your top end? and what did it feel like?

·
Registered
279 Posts
i've seen 150. yes on my 6R. don't think she had much left after that. not real sure i want find out either. the turns come easy enough, but glance to the side (don't "look" to the side at that speed. for gods sake don't look) and the scenery becomes "holy sh!t what scenery!?". yea the helmet is trying to suck my head off, and i'm plastered across the gas tank. not real comfortable. but when you pull over and wait 15 minutes for your buddy to catch up, it affords you the chance to clean up your visor. ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
140 indicated on my old YZF. It was damn fast. 135 indicated on my Ducati. Also damn fast. I've never really had anything with the horsepower/fairing to do much more than that. On the street, I don't know if I would even want to.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Mongrel Racing said:
Oh any one know someone that can clean the skid marks out of leather? :D
When I plan on riding over 25mph, I practice preventive maintenance and wear underwear. That keeps the brown outs off my leathers.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Spitfire said:
110 indicated on Kawi 250R
120 indicated on Kawi 500R
155 indicated on Kawi ZX-7R
175 indicated on Kawi ZX-9R
Anybody else notice a pattern? :D
Umm... no, not really.:confused:

Could you splain it please?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mongrel Racing said:
Yesterday I got to at least 5 mph, but I scared myself so bad I backed out of the throttle :rolleyes:

Oh any one know someone that can clean the skid marks out of leather? :D
LMAO So when you hit the big FIVE.. did the lives on the road seem to mesh together and everything got really fuzzy???

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't even know if I want to get involved with this thread. Admitting guilt to a crime on the internet ain't exactly my idea of a sound decision.

Let's just say that there are ways to go that fast legally. It's a lot cheaper than the possible outcomes on the street. 150 mph ain't really that big of a thing once you get used to it and can relax and not worry about cops, cages, etc.

If you [email protected] up going that fast on the street, you might as well cancel Christmas.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
GaBandit12 said:
I don't even know if I want to get involved with this thread. Admitting guilt to a crime on the internet ain't exactly my idea of a sound decision.
I did'nt notice anyone who admitted to a crime on this thread... not times or locations.. I did once run a stop sign when being chased by a girls dad in HS after he cought us making out.. Does that count as a crime?? you know.. Running a stop sign??

·
Registered
193 Posts
How Faasstttt??

Ok, here goes...

CB450...who knows...maybe 90?? it was tapped wide open

VF500...11,800 in 5th...about 133mph...BTW it was jetted, K/N, and piped, and it was tapped

VF750...145mph indicated

Old GSXR750...155mph indicated...11,000 in 6th...maybe 146mph

Old FZR1000...almost 170 indicated...about 10,500 in 5th...Specs say 11,000 in 4th is 148mph, so I'm guessing it was about 155mph.

Spitfire, do you notice a pattern? No, not the green spots before your eyes, I mean that sooner or later I try to push the bike to top speed...JUST because it's there...and it's fun...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a good friend of mine who is a state trooper clock me at 158 mph on a nice straight out in the country. I didn't even look at the speedo to see what was indicated. The think the 9 could have given me some more, but I didn't want any!! I don't do anything like that now, I just wanted to see what it was like. Now that I think about it, it was pretty stupid. I really have no business riding that fast on a public road. Anything could have happened.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well, ive got the TZ up to about 2mph now, under its own power. Cant wait to hit 10mph...

As far as my old bikes and the stupid shit that went with them:
(all speeds indicated)

1981 GS750E = 45mph (scared to go faster, i was very young)
1987 YSR50 = 40mph (funnest bike ever, itd do 75mph geared!)
1991 600R Ninja = 143mph Wide-open, (that was all she had)
1995 ZX6E = 160mph (had a bit of pull left still)
1992 TZ250= 2mph (in the garage)

I can honestly say when i hit 160 on the ZX6 it really felt like i was tempting fate for no practical purpose. Id rather have a purpose to my stupidity then just go around being completely insane.

I hit 160 indicated, said ok this is pointless, and backed it back down to a comfortable 120 cruise.

Somethings are just not worth it.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
bumblebeast said:
LMAO So when you hit the big FIVE.. did the lives on the road seem to mesh together and everything got really fuzzy???
That sounds like my teenage years in the late '70's. Everything seemed to melt together in one big fuzzy drug induced dream..

·
Registered
55 Posts
130mph been the top speed on mine... course I was afraid that any faster and my bike would just disintegrate beneath me, so did want to tempt it anymore, hehe.

Dan

·
Registered
289 Posts
oh..

207mph on a 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa. Of course that's uncorrected so I would say about 195-197mph corrected.

PEACE!! :D

1 - 20 of 121 Posts