Sportbike World banner

How far are you willing to ride in one day?

• 0 - 100 miles

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • 101 - 250 miles

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • 251 - 500 miles

Votes: 48 41.4%
  • 501 - 750 miles

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • 751 - 1000 miles

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • 1001+ miles

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
On the street I'd be willing to go up to 500 miles in one day. There'd better be a full body massage waiting for me when I get off the bike. :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
This is similar to an older post. Last November I rode to a track day in South Carolina, rode the day, and returned. That made for a 1200 mile day with the northern half of the ride temperatures in the low 30's and high 20's.

Summer before last ran to Santa Monica in two 1350 mile sittings, but that was on a Gold Wing. On the return I ran up north through Yellowstone and such which included several 1000 mile days.

Personal best (or worst;) ) was in the mid '80's returning from Alaska. I ran from Calgary to Pittsburgh in one sitting, 2350 miles, but that was actually closer to two days. I wouldn't do that again but 1000 miles as optimum and up to 1500 miles max. would be O.K.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I wouldn't want to do it on either one of my bikes, but on a good sport tourer I'd love to try a SaddleSore 1000. I was going to on the SV but realized that I just can't dull the pain enough. ;)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
none of the above...too far would be riding naked next to malley becuase he asked you to.:crying: :crying:

·
Registered
18 Posts
200 miles in one day but thats going to be spending no more than 3hrs from start till stop, so that would include atleast 3 20min breaks

·
Registered
925 Posts
I rode 150 miles today... Nothing compared to what I`ll be doing in a month or so. I`m going to school in Florida this December, and the bikes gonna be my only transportation, and I don`t really have the money to have it shipped (or really want to, for that matter). I`m estimating about 5-600 miles per day/2 days :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Too Far, Who Knows ?

Difficult one this.

I'm fairly new to riding and as yet haven't had the time to ride more than about 50 miles in a day. Perhaps I should take a day off work and see how far I can go.

A guess would be 200 to 300 miles for a start off. I've done 500+ in the car, but I get bored and start dosing off :eek:

I don't want to start that on my bike !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ninja250F18 said:
Dosing off=body bag
How true. I remember riding home late one night, when I arrived I couldn't remember any of the journey. Scared me Big Time :eek:

I've recently managed to ride 100 miles in a day and had back ache afterwards. However, at the time I didn't relised that my steering bearings where mashed. Only turned up on the MOT. I thought it was me that couldn't get the bike round corners. It never occured that it might have been the bike. Since they've been fixed I can get round corners with less effort, maybe even ride further :D

Only time will tell.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The nearest dealer for my bike is 90+ miles away so when I bring the bike for service I have to do a 200 mile ride give or take. The last time I ached for days.:(

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I usually ride until fatigued. I can usually do a 400 - 500 mile day with no problem. Anything after that, I am pushing it too much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts