Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new GSXR 1000 (sighhhh, be still be thumping heart) is supposed to hit the dealers in March (I think that's what I read). How early can the salivating hordes (me) expect to see a full "we beat up the bike but good and here's what we found" test? I need to know when to cash in my 401K and pawn all my belongings. I've read that dealers have already been inundated w/down payments. I would too, but I want to see a full review first. Kind of just to make sure that Mother Suzuki didn't rush the new Gixxer to market and missed a few things. Quality control and all that. The new Gixxer is Suzy's Flagship Bike. Usually a major manufacturer will make darn sure that the bike is 100% good to go. However, the Kawi 12R comes to mind. That pesky little non-functioning oil level sight glass that doesn't work has caused a lot of headache for folks. Whadaya' think?

------------------
Cosmo
"Do you know how fast you were going, son?" "Gee officer, if I guess right, can I go home?"

·
Registered
517 Posts
Tell dealer you are interested enough to put money down on it, but you are still not sure. They appear to have a very popular bike coming out and if one person bails (you), they just sell it to the next person. Get it in writing.

Personally, in my shop, I love people giving me their money to "hold onto" until their special order shows up. I'd figure a moto dealer would be the same.

------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts